Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they have a shoot this Saturday, practice i heard,, couple of friends are going, to far away for me
Oh okay. So they are still open? Your not thinking of Roachdale Gun Club, its literally just a few corn fields north.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Frontier and Roachdale are 2 different facilities. Roachdale (N. Of town) still shoot a lot. Frontier has not functioned for several years, but was once a fantastic facility.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frontier and Roachdale are 2 different facilities. Roachdale (N. Of town) still shoot a lot. Frontier has not functioned for several years, but was once a fantastic facility.
what happened to frontier?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I am disappointed that someone would post the above information and link. Steve paid his debt to society and served his time, and to publicly bring this back up is rather crappy. I am well aware this is public information and past news articles and past TS.com threads too. I know most people are not exempt from making bad decisions, some get nabbed and a lot do not. I was never treated anything but great by Steve and his dad, and there are hundreds of others that would say the same thing.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Steves problem was NOT why Frontier closed. The family made tons more money selling guns so why beat themselves up putting on a little paying shoot. The place is closed but the Smith family still lives there. It isnt for sale but could be...got money?

·
Registered
Perazzi MX10 RS
94 Posts
I forgot about that place. I was there about 30 years ago with my dad and grandpa, probably around 10 at the time. It might of been a zone shoot, but my dad shot a hundred straight and was gearing up for the second hundred. My grandpa, who couldn’t shoot due to ailing health was all caught up trying to get a picture of the three of us for the wall. He finally tracked down the photographer right as Dad was going out to shoot. We got the picture and it was on the wall at the club for a while. We still have a copy of it at my parents’s house.

·
Premium Member
10,532 Posts
Frontier was one of the best places to shoot in the country. Veldon & Mary Smith knew how to run a gun club. One of the most welcoming shooting organizations I’ve ever been to.

My buds and I rarely missed any of their registered shoots. It’s too bad that some legal difficulties killed it off. It was truly “first rate”.

RIP, Veldon Smith

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Since it mentioned that Mr Smith once either owned or operated Indiana Gun Club, I'm curious when that may have been. I first started shooting there with my dad and uncle in the early '90s. There was a fella that ran things and lived in that little house at the club entrance and he seemed to always wear a black cowboy hat. Whoever it was used to regularly remove a spent shell from his gun , hold it up under his nose and take a good whiff before dropping it in his shell bag.
I was just curious is it's the same person

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm assuming there's no money in operating a gun club of that size? Unless you had a really good regular crowd? I just thought someone would have wanted to buy it since it was already built and try their hand. Price was steep but there's 100 acres there too. Don't mind me I don't know anything lol.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Frontier closed before Steves incident. Black hat dude was Earl Scripture, a story of his own.

They made money on the shoots but lots more selling guns at Indiana Gun Club..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts