Premium Member
3,132 Posts
Thanks Gramps !
I'd love to get out there someday.

The doubles looked pretty flat...

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
I had to try 3 times. It eventually directed me to Face Book...

*I hate Face Book*

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Worked just fine for me. Thank you for a view of indoor shooting. I'd love to shoot there but it's a long haul from New Mexico.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I wish there was something like that here in Eastern PA just to give the indoor thing a try. But maybe there is and I don’t know about it. And possibly it would not go over very well either. Who knows. Winter it common to be shooting in 10-13 deg. temps and having a wind that seem to not stop blowing from November to April. Be fun to try indoors.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
LOVE IT !

Boy kept his head in it like the gun was an extension of his nose ~~~~~~~~~~~

Wish we had one here in Florida for those HOT days that are coming.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
great find gramps. I'm hoping to get down there sometime and shoot around. It'd be nice if things opened up so the girlfriend and sister could hangout in that lounge area while the brother in law and I shot a couple rounds. How is that hog wild food?

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
great find gramps. I'm hoping to get down there sometime and shoot around. It'd be nice if things opened up so the girlfriend and sister could hangout in that lounge area while the brother in law and I shot a couple rounds. How is that hog wild food?
There's room to hang out in the front - large leather chairs and sofas - and plenty of distance between them. There is also room and a bench in the actual range for observers (eyes and ears, of course). I think it would be polite to mention to the guy at the counter that your "ladies" would like to watch inside. My wife enjoys being in the range area.

The food is fantastic - if you like BBQ. Our first visit was only to get sandwiches. You sure get your money's worth. We make a day of it on Saturday or Sunday. Nice 45 minute drive, shoot a few rounds, eat, nice drive home.

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I take that they are not telling people over 60 not to show....
The most important fact is that the trap building is SOUTH of I80.

Several years ago I asked TS.com members where I could consider moving for a semi-retirement. I want to be close enough to family to get back and forth in a reasonable time; We enjoy the season changes, and I wanted to keep shooting. There were numerous suggestions - all of which were great. The one that has stuck in my mind since then is ILLINOIS - anywhere south of I80.

DIamond meets the criteria and we can stay in our home. I've also been scouting out other quick trip places in the same general area.

Things seem to have worked out well for us.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts