Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Frog Lube and if so, what is your opinion?
Sorry, I see this has already been discussed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Heard about Frog Lube from service department of Sig Saur. It helped problem with the pistol and resulted in me treating several handguns. Seems to lube as good as oil products. Makes clean up after shooting easy as powder and gunk comes off weapon with a brush. Get the kit from Frog Lube and try it. Wayne

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have used it for about a year. It solved a sticking problem I had on a old rebuilt Parker that I have. I use it on my Beretta , Perazzi and my CG all sporting clay guns. No problem. Why would you worry about the cost of lub when you use it on $$$$$$$ guns?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Got a free sample, watched some videos on it. Youtube or their site don't remember shows the use of heat.

After a good scrubbing on my 390 internals, I heated my piston, magtube, the action bar tube, barrel and receiver LIGHTLY with a heat gun.

Put on the frog lube, goes clear and melts like butter in a pan. Rub in spread around with a dedicated rag.

Smells good leaves a nice sheen on parts little to no residue.

Assemble and lube as usual leaving the dry parts dry and the lube parts lubed.
Don't think I would trust it as a lube on moving parts that require lube, more a conditioner or preservative in my mind.

I find the internals stay much cleaner (piston& mag tube) and what is left comes of much easier than ever before and seemed to get better with each cleaning and reapplication. Done 3 times so far.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I've used it extensively. It's no better or worse than any good CLP. It's one advantage is it makes your gun smell minty fresh.

It also seems to make cleaning your hands easier and has a nice smell if you like mint, it also contains no toxins. You can actually ingest it with no ill effects.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I have been using the stuff for about a year now and I use it on everything from my Glocks to rifles to all my shotguns.

the stuff works really well. My Citori .410 O/U was really stiff when I got it and the frog lube loosened it up immediately. It has about 500 rounds thru it now and opens and closes easily. It is NOT worn IN,, it is just well lubed.

BY heating the parts with a hair dryer or heat gun it opens the pores in the metal so the Frog juice can penetrate. I know many are thinking how could it open up pores in metal? but they are there and they do open and close with changes in heat. Also as the gun heats up while being fired it releases some of the lube so the gun functions correctly and runs wet. This matters on an AR style rifle a lot..

I did a complete detail strip of both my Glocks and put Frog Lube on everything. When I racked the slide on the G21 for the first time I almost ripped it off the gun! It was so slick that the effort to rack it was much less than I was used to. Similar occurrence on the G35 but I was ready for it the second time. After shooting .45 ACP loads with 35 year old Bullseye powder which leaves the gun looking like it was dipped in Graphite, I found that all of it simply wipes off with a paper shop towel, including cleaning the bore.

My Kel-Tec SU16CA needed the gas piston simply wiped off after 400+ rounds at a Front Sight Rifle Class. Normally I would have had to wire brush the piston clean. The gun got a wipe down and a bore snake(saturated with Frog Lube) and that's it. I almost ripped the charging handle off that gun as well after treatment. It was a night and day difference, and I mean it was VERY noticeable how much smoother the gun ran.

Where this stuff really shines is in Rust Prevention. I have Ruger Mini14 and Ruger Scout Rifle magazines made of steel. These magazines rust instantly!

They don't rust any more.... At all.

What sold me on trying it was seeing one of the distributors at a gun show who had a 1911 that was completely in the white (no bluing or finish) that had been treated with the Frog Lube once. The gun was in a bucket of water and you were encouraged to take it out and rack it and pull the trigger etc. This gun had been in that bucket of water for a nearly 2 years and when she was done with a show she would empty the bucket and put the gun back in and put the whole mess into a box of other promo items, where it sat until the next show.

There was no one perfect iota of rust or corrosion anywhere on that gun.

Before you pass judgment on this product you should really try it. It works a lot better than you would think, and in fact it works better than any lubricant I have ever used.

Lots of times you can get sample tubes of the paste at gun shows. I did both of my Glocks in totality with 1/2 of one tube. Sometimes you can find the tubes for sale for abut $1.00 each. They are the hot tip to put in with your gun so you have some lube with you at all times. Include a Q-Tip or two to smear the stuff around and put it all in a small Ziploc bag.

I can't recommend this stuff enough I have been converting all of my guns to it as they are taken out and shot. When cleaned they are detail stripped and treated.

This stuff is the best gun lubricant and cleaner I have ever used in my entire lifetime of shooting. For $25 or so you can get the whole kit with paste and liquid and a nice fuzzy rag.

I have not talked or heard of anyone that actually used it, that was disappointed with this product.

I think it would make a good laxative also.

The stuff smells good too!

Randy

·
Registered
537 Posts
I sell this stuff. I've met the guy that owns the company a few times.

It's pretty decent and quite innovative, but probably not at it's best in all applications. The current version being sold is the second revision to the recipe. I like it best on gas operated semi auto guns like 391s and AR-15s. It is not petroleum based and does not contribute to carbon fouling like light oil does once it starts getting hot.

I like it in temperate climates. I do not like it in cold climates. It does best when it's hot. When I apply it I'll let the gun sit out in the Arizona sun in my back yard. I do not use it on my 2 barreled shotguns.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts