Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "states with the most guns" thread caused me to research the situation. I found the following article in my files:

From the Elk River Democrat, June 5, 2015, By Dee Lit

A recent report suggests gun lust is at an all-time high among a certain shadowy group here in the United States. It seems that active trapshooters have an inordinately high percentage of gun ownership, estimated by the Brady Campaign to be over 50%. Most terrifying is the weapons they own. 12 caliber killing tools, some semi-automatic, other with more than one barrel, throw hundreds of lethal balls of lead with each discharge. A little-known, deadly invention is the "release trigger" which allows even the most spastic of gun nuts to accurately participate in the destruction of any target which is deemed a threat. This group even has a national organization which encourages their mayhem. Suzie Sokkermom, an attorney and mother, was shocked at the report. "I'm totally against trapping. Rabbits and chipmunks should not be tortured by these trappers. I'm going to write my legislator to protest!"

Contacted at the Elk River Gun Club, a person identifying himself as a "skeet shooter," stated, "We certainly don't encourage any trapshooters to attend our events and we condemn their activities in the strongest possible way."

·
Registered
32,281 Posts
Shhhh! Our best kept secret. Now the whole world knows, not just the 26 people who buy the Elk River Democrat.

BTW, shouldn't that be 72 caliber?

·
Registered
193 Posts
It would seem that the gun ownership rate among active trapshooters would be 100%. Everybody I know who trapshoots, has one of those "12 caliber killing tools". Heck, I have 6.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
The "Elk River Gun Club" contact got it right. I wonder if the same would be said at the nearby Minnetonka Game and Fish club??

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
This reporter must have "graduated" with a "Summa NON Laud" in the field of totally incorrect information transmission. She (he? nowadays it is hard to tell) was probably hired by CBS News to be the Head of the Department of Absolutely, and beyond, Stupid anti-Gun propaganda.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
That post reminds me of the "good ole" days. You were sure that the person writing was someone else, just in the way it came across.
That about right Denny?

Rick in MT

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
Hypocritical skeet shooter. It's OK for them to shoot those poor little skeets, but you can't shoot those poor little claybirds.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
The "states with the most guns" thread caused me to research the situation. I found the following article in my files:

From the Elk River Democrat, June 5, 2015, By Dee Lit

A recent report suggests gun lust is at an all-time high among a certain shadowy group here in the United States. It seems that active trapshooters have an inordinately high percentage of gun ownership, estimated by the Brady Campaign to be over 50%. Most terrifying is the weapons they own. 12 caliber killing tools, some semi-automatic, other with more than one barrel, throw hundreds of lethal balls of lead with each discharge. A little-known, deadly invention is the "release trigger" which allows even the most spastic of gun nuts to accurately participate in the destruction of any target which is deemed a threat. This group even has a national organization which encourages their mayhem. Suzie Sokkermom, an attorney and mother, was shocked at the report. "I'm totally against trapping. Rabbits and chipmunks should not be tortured by these trappers. I'm going to write my legislator to protest!"

Contacted at the Elk River Gun Club, a person identifying himself as a "skeet shooter," stated, "We certainly don't encourage any trapshooters to attend our events and we condemn their activities in the strongest possible way."
Either the post is satire or the article is satire or the Elk River Democrat is fictitious. It reads like a typical article from "The Onion.
Well played, Literalist.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
The one picture looks like a well-dressed trapshooter.....the other looks like some wacko with a gun.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts