Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roger, give me a couple more days.. gotta make sure it's cold enough that it won't melt on the way. -16 here this morning, but it's warming nicely. -6 now.
Wind to keep the bugs from flying is also a plus. come to think about it, I haven't even seen one crawling.

Stay warm.

Rick in MT

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I'll take it! We didn't get that much snow over here at Peerless altho' it was -23* below here this morning. Not forecast to get above zero until next tuesday so it should keep OK. Can you deliver? might have to put a tarp over it or it'll blow away towing it down the highway.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rick, not a bad idea. I think it will sell better to the unfortune nuts in California.

Bill, it's not done yet, supposed to get more this weekend. You've heard the old saying, too cold to snow? It's not true. LOL

Rick in MT

PS, John, is there a difference between -16 and -23?

7 1/2's or 8's?

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
We'll be getting a shipment soon (backordered) but nice to know you have back-up in case it's needed ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
rick you being a intelligent trapshooter you may want to save the snow and cold air for the state shoot, i can remember a few extra warm days there.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Troutcreek, what year was that? The last one was barely in the 80's

After the last three in Great Falls, I would say the law of averages is going with a cool and windy shoot.

So, I won't need it after all.

John, you are far wiser than "they" said.

Rick in MT

·
Registered
141 Posts
Oh, how soon we forget... the transformer/meter loop burning up at the state shoot in Helena. HOT that day!! :( I still remember the guy (from Idaho I think) throwing a bucket of water on it..ZAPPPP! I can still see Sipe shaking his head over that one! Willy and the power co. came to the rescue, but not before some fancy motorhome owners were scrambling to get their AC going with any genny they could find.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Just as a warning, if you deliver this item, make sure it does not blow out on any State Highway.

Years ago, working at my business after we had a heavy snow, and some snow throwers showed up for repair.

We had 8-10 inches of snow, and I was out front testing a small one,( one you could carry in one hand ) when a State snow plow stopped, and warned me that if I kept blowing this fine mist snow out into the State Highway, I would be reported and arrested. It was melting as soon as it hit his salt/calcium solution/

Now, I could have made more of a mess with about 10 snow balls, but I just went further back in my lot, and tested it more.

Later he came back by, and completely blocked my drive with snow.

Be careful!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok ok........so I better keep it after all. Just because it "might" be hot in Great Falls this summer. If I were a betting man, I.....................

Stay warm

I was wrong about the temp here this morning...they say we set a new record
-28 Must have been up on the hill.

Rick in MT

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
I'm about 130 miles NW of Havre and have a $hitload of unassembled snowmen.....for FREE...come and get 'em!

Ron Burr

1 - 18 of 18 Posts