Trapshooters Forum banner

free brake fluid for shot making shot

2044 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  blooch
i am currently in the process of setting up a shot making system,and after asking on this site "what is the best coolant to use " the choice i made was brake fluid.mainly because you can rinse with water.i went to 3 local dealerships to inquire about used brake fluid,i talked to the service managers,and they took me to their brake flush systems,opend them up and the waste tank holds 5 gallons,the beauty of that is each manager said that the way the flush system works 40%-50% of the fluid in the tank was new.after every flush you have to prime the system with new fluid,witch ends up in the used tank upon start up of the next job.they let me have it for free.ended up with 12 gallons of litely used brake fluid.
also harbor freight has 20 gallon parts washers on sale for $70.so this is my tank/pump set up a with a little modifing(just a few plumbing supplys &aluminum window screen from menards). and a trip to my local resturant supply store for 2 french fryer baskets,and 3 large perforated bakeing pan(#6 shot wont drop through holes)and i have my rinse/drying/sorting system
total cost so far with a jim stewart single ladel is $500. hope this may help ,mark jones
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
9,529 Posts
Mark- It sounds to me that you have a great system. When your current fluid becomes soiled I would use care in disposing it, but a safe place can be found.

Mike- if any water is present it will be at the bottom of the oil and should not cause any problems.

Sprinklerman- An aluminum pan can easily be perforated with the correct size drill bit in a drill press. Takes about 5 minutes to make one.

Pat Ireland

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.