Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Leo and I have one or two of Frank's ducks and they are truly treasured at our house. Just be careful when you dust/clean them, some of the feathers are so finely/thinly carved to give them great detail, that it is easy to break the tail feathers.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I remember Frank coming to shoots back in the 70's with his ducks where he had to sell one to enter and a couple to have gas money to get home on. Frank would sleep in a sleeping bag in front of his old Corvette because motels were to expensive. A great guy and a true talent. Jimmy Borum

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Few people know how much I love ducks and geese. I have a few, not many. I'll have to save up some money and get one from Frank, since it would be doubly special to have one made by him. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
6,709 Posts
Frank carved feathers both large and small to sell at the shoots for entrey money. I have a small one looks real.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Frank did a clinic at Pocatello a few years back. He had along a life-sized Red Tail Hawk that looked so real everyone did double takes - truly a work of fine art.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.