Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been hashed before but I would like any comment's on the Franchi Combos. Any info or comments will be appreciated.
Carey

·
Premium Member
10,397 Posts
The forearm is cracked or will be-

The forearm iron is broken or will be

The trigger is broken or will be

No parts available-

Feels great- handles great- great barrels

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
84 Posts
i used to shoot a 2005 combo and shot my very best with it. times got tough and i had to sell my franchi and regreted it until today as i just aquired another 2005 combo in a trade for a sporting citori that i just couldn't shoot to save my life. had no problems at all with my last franchi and don't anticipate any with this one either. very nice guns.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Anything made by man can be fixed by man---Don't worry about parts---I have a guy that can dup them---Just don't lose them---Forearms can be duped easy---
George

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you shoot a release do some checking before you buy. I didn't have much luck finding a release for the gun. Tom

·
Premium Member
10,397 Posts
Oh yes maybe anything can be duplicated but the first time you have to do that- sit down and be prepared to be shocked - you might double the expense of the gun each time it breaks- pretty soon it will be worth gold or maybe not worth it but that is what you will have paid for it in repairs

I always chuckle when people talk about making another this or that. Just figure- the forearm wood might be the cheapest of all the parts that will break- so what does a plain forearm that probably wont match cost you? fit and finished and checkered? 500-700 bucks each- so 2 spares will be what? $1000-1400?

Now the metal parts can really get expensive to make and then have fit and installed- that really gets expensive

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Last time we had Allem build a release for a Franchi it was returned three times-the last time to have it removed. He stated the gun was a piece of crap and that's why the release wouldn't work. Kept his money though. That was quite a few years ago!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
i'm curious on how others feel about the franchi 2000 series trap guns. i've had a couple and love them. i hear about rumos of breakage but the 2 i have have not given me any trouble at all.i think they are great guns.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.