Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all- there is a Franchi 2005 Trap Combo for sale locally. Is this a gun that worth looking at? Looks like a 34" single with a 30" o/u but I need to contact the seller to verify. Don't want to bother if the gun is not worth pursuing. I am currently shooting a 1986 Citori Trap and was interested in trying a single, Thanks.

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
The most occurred problem on this model is the forfend metal , if you find the right gunsmith, it can be fixed .

·
Registered
65 Posts
My Franchi 2005 combo made me a doubles shooter. In 1981 when I got it I was not doing well in doubles. That gun was just right for me. Problem was as all these posters have stated. FOREEND IRON was junk. Pot metal, I think. I had the late and great Jim Brown make me a stainless steel fore end iron for my gun. I shot the hell out of it until I could not get firing pins that would make the shells go off consistently. I am a pretty good welder so I made some of my own and fitted them until they worked dam good and then sold the piece of crap and bought an MX8. Never have looked back. Lance Howard

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a 2005 combo that has served me well, as an "occasional" trap and sporting clays shooter. 32" single and 30" OU in the Franchi hard case. the only mod to the gun is the addition of a Morgan pad. I would let it go only because I want to go to a 20ga OU.
Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts