Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Fox Sterlingworth 12 ga with 26 in barrels that I believe is a Deluxe model.The wood is up graded and the forearm is beaver tailed.The rib is concaved and the gun has a miller single trigger in it.Barrel has Utica,NY stamped on it.Anyone know anything about this gun ?All serial numbers match.serial # is 1606- - located on the trigger guard.
Steve

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Extractors or ejectors? Chokes? The Miller single trigger alone makes it special. Post some pictures. Is it for sale? Bill

·
Registered
417 Posts
If you can provide a serial number I can tell about when it was made just x out the last two numbers. It is a Utica gun so it was made between 1930 and 1941.

The Miller trigger was added later as they did not install Miller triggers at the factory.

Millers were the best aftermarket triggers and there is a shop in Cato New York that is now installing them and they also repair them. You can find more information about this gun at www.foxcollectors.com.

The only way to know for sure if it was a "Deluxe" is to get a factory letter on it you can find the information on the Fox site.

I have collected Foxes for over 30 years and it is very rare to find an original Beavertail on a Sterlingworth.

I suspect the beavertail was added when they installed the trigger.
The letter will tell you how it left the factory.

Please post some pictures!
Scott

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe it has extractors and choked improved cylinder,mod.as for sale I need to know alittle bit more about the gun and its value.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Don't know much, but I do know I want it.

I've been looking for one like this, and the Utica build makes it.

Please contact me if you want to sell
joe

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
algebra1, This is not an auction site. Did you contact tinlo? At least post a price before taking it to the top. Regards, Bill

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bill,
I was looking more for information about this gun.Scott asked if I would post pictures.If I decide to sell ,I will contact Joe.
Steve

·
Registered
417 Posts
Steve,
The wood on your gun was replaced both the stock and Forend. The checkering pattren on the Beavertail is not the way Fox did them, also the Factory Beavertails came with a latch on the Forend. The flute on the comb of the stock is longer than the way Fox did it. All that said It looks like a nice gun and I bet it is Hell on birds!
Good Luck,
Scott

·
Registered
114 Posts
To clarify " Deluxe Sterlingworth" model, This is strictly a Utica term and the only difference between a standard model is a second rib bead and a recoil pad. Usually the price difference was these two items included. They are not marked as such and included nothing else. Ejectors were additional to any Sterlingworth. You have a great looking gun and if it is a factory "Brush" not marked by the way the chokes are less than 10 thousands in each barrel.
Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.