Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29,016 Posts
Probably what should happen, illegal hunting should not be tolerated anywhere.
Problem with that is what’s legal in Alabama May not be legal in Alaska or in Argentina. And vice versa. Folks need to study up on local laws. Instance. Can shoot 500 doves a day down there. But only 10 here.

Reactions: BMWBOB

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I cant read the article so I dont know what they are in trouble for. Trespassing? Over limit? To much cerveza? Most go with a local guide service. The guide should be held accountable if he steered them wrong.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Translation of the article:

Four US citizens were arrested in the east of Entre Ríos after being detected firing unauthorized shots inside a field. The operation of the security forces took place yesterday afternoon, in a rural area of the department of Gualeguaychú, in Entre Ríos.

The incident occurred at kilometer 37 of Provincial Route No. 20. There, police personnel from the Gualeguaychú Federal Operational Unit Division and Flora and Fauna agents located the four people inside a field, firing shots.

Authorities proceeded to request the identification of the subjects and found that all were United States citizens. Thus , it was also found that the people did not have authorization to hunt in the place or documentation that supports the legal possession of weapons.

In this context, an act was drawn up for the infraction of Provincial Law No. 4851 , for which they had to pay a fine. Weapons and other items of interest to the case were also seized, as ordered by the prosecutor on duty.

"The Police, together with the Provincial Control Directorate, work to control the flora and fauna of Entre Ríos to preserve resources and stimulate productive activities, so that they are carried out correctly ," they pointed out from that government agency.

According to national law 22,421, all inhabitants have the duty to protect wildlife, in accordance with the regulations issued by the enforcement authorities for its conservation and management.

Both hunting and the possession and trafficking of wild fauna animals represent an infraction of the regulations in force in Entre Ríos (Provincial Law No. 4841 and complementary regulations).

The products of the Entre Ríos fauna must also have corresponding documentation, in addition to a transit guide and health certification that guarantees to be free of diseases in the case of coming from other provinces.

Police personnel from the divisions of the Federal Operational Unit of the Gualeguaychú Departmental Headquarters, and of the Flora and Fauna of the Entre Ríos Police worked at the scene.

With information from the Télam agency

·
Registered
fixed choke 68x guns
30 Posts
The translation has it right: no permission from landowner to hunt and no license to carry firearms. It doesn’t mention a hunting license violation (maybe you don’t need one in Argentina?).

The Argentine game warden got them.

Sounds like an episode of Lone Star Law.

I do sort of wonder where they got their shells, though.

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
flashmax is spot on, you need to know the laws and regulations where you are.
As I heard a judge once say “ignorance of the law is no excuse son” .
BTW we can shoot 15 doves a day in KY during the season.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Several permits are required to hunt in Argentina; many on this site know much better than me. But it would seem that this was some freelance wing shooting, perhaps on a ranchita vacation site, since there is no mention of an outfitter. Looks like straight out poaching to me.

K

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
If you do it legally in Argentina, dove hunting there can be a blast as there is no limit on them. They're considered a pest by the farmers and not a true game bird. Shot at Los Chanares outside of Cordoba a few years ago, shooting 828 doves in a day with a Beretta SP1 28 gauge and I was low man by a bunch. It's truly non-stop ------

1 - 11 of 11 Posts