Trapshooters Forum banner

Found a new gun

2119 12
I went out today to buy some wads and do-dads, and found behind the counter a new Browning CXT, with pretty nice wood. No adjustable stock, but the gun seemed to fit me well in the store, and the price was the cheapest I have seen anywhere. Not to mention any Browning is hard to find around here right now. I had to buy it, and did. I know it is not top of the line trap gun, but it will serve me well, I think. I have a lot of around the house chores to do tomorrow, but am going to try and squeeze in a little shooting with the new gun. I was going to buy a BT99 Plus, but this was a no brainer.....
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Who cares if it's a High End Gun or not. If it fits you, and you can shoot it well, have fun !

I took a lot of trophies with my old field 870 after I got it fit to me.

That being said, go getem' RHill !
Those 870's do shoot good. I have been shooting an old 870TB and do ok with it. No trophies, but I can't blame the gun, that's for sure!

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I just buy what I can afford, after all we have to buy ammo or components don't we. I do try to by quality though. I learned that long ago, otherwise the gun may function for a while, but a breakdown is sure to happen down the road. Given enough rounds thru the gun, all guns will need some work eventually, just hopefully not before its time!

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
Works for me, I only have maybe 1/4 of a lifetime left in me!!
The Barthelow boys made AA teams, and won so many trophies that Bud had to rearrange the tractor shed to hold them all, with Browning shotguns.

Reactions: shotgunpeople

· Registered
1,283 Posts
Good deal, you can't go wrong with a browning they are good shooters, burn some gun powder and enjoy it

Reactions: shotgunpeople
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.