Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just found a great website that might be of help to many of you trapshooters out there. I dont exactly know the ins and out of it but i just thought it was something interesting

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Most trap shooters have insufficient cranial capacity to understand the writings of James Russell. HMB

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Trap advice books written by a D-class 20-yarder whose main qualification consists of ready access to a publishing press?

Sign me up! (yawn) On second thought...I think I'll wait for one of his clinics.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Tusker, scroll about 2/5 down the linked thread, read what Russell advises, and illustrates, regarding foot position, and accept that he's never actually shot trap at all.

Neil

Try that "display deleted messages" option to see who turned tail . . .

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually guys i was just wondering your guys opinions, cause i sent this document to my cpa, and he said it work

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Neil,

Since I heard you once held some or another kind of official ATA position, I was wondering: what are we to make of the helpful "tip" Mr. Russell relates, number 11 in the second section "Shooting on the line" or such, that if doubt arises as to whether a target was broken or not, the squad leader is to (ahem) ask the scorekeeper to place a question mark (?) next to that box on the scoresheet?

Now I mean, really...if I were speaking musically, and in a charitable mood, I'd say he was "improvising" right there, wouldn't you? (If I were being my usual shitty self, I'd just say he was making it up as he went).

And then, there's his compelling section on the tax-deductibility of trapshooting (I'm not interested in avoiding taxes, however...there's no telling when God will again return to earth as a pro-tax Black community organizer, and I don't want to be on the wrong side of history when the saints go a-marching).

But, I try to keep it in perspective: O.J. Simpson was poised to make millions off a book telling how he hypothetically might have done it (with only court intervention standing betwixt), and somewhere, no doubt there is a Britney Spears parenting book making its way down the pipeline, towards the unloading point where a tattoo-assed sales clerk will stack and re-stack dozens of copies within easy reach of Starbucks-sipping shoppers looking for "that" book by Rachael Ray.

So...J.R. is a trapshooting expert. Why the hell not?

I mean, Britney doesn't even have her own printing press...

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Buzz-gun could collaborate with James Russell: Creative stream of consciousness writing about how to shoot trap....let's see, "the gun is your friend, may it point down range in a consistent fashion; often times, on the line, I felt it was the mere power of something deep and primal inside me that allowed my taking that perfect shot; a state of awareness and focus that I'm told all champions can attain on a basis so consistent with need that such a unique conditioning provokes thoughts of conversations with the Dahli Lahma himself...true knowledge obtained through a sight picture beautifully and consistently obtained as elequently and cleanly as the new driven snow."

Hey, can I get hired too?

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
One can't take technical writing lightly if one desires to write about canting. Some religous institutions take this topic so seriously that said relgious institutions hire a cantor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.