Program starts at 10 00 A M. Sign up starts at 9 00 A M

25 16's and 25 H C

Usually three divisions determined after the 3rd week

Questions ask CLY

·
Registered
50 Posts
CLY,

Let me guess....you garantee the weather to be warmer than this mornings -16. I will see if the team will shoot with a handicap like me.
Looking forward to it and an expect good time as it has been in the past years.

Thansk Bob Collins

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weather is out of my control BUT looks like warmer trends are coming

Hope to see your team there

CLY

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Hey Clair,
Will be there, always great shooting and a good crowd. Looks great to that a new very welcome squad from the Carey area can attend. Will be a great warm up, b4 I head south.
Dave B
P.S. How is rib doing?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news Glenn--bring some warm shells

Rib is healing but slow "at my age"---Thanks for asking

I have a sub shooting for me this year as ribs to sore to hold gun up for 50 shots
First time in over 20 years missing the W T L

Think warmer

CLY

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is not the weather we need for the W T L at Fostoria United Sportsmen's Club

Looked at 14 day forecast & looks a lot better for our shoot

I do have the propane heaters ready to go just in case

We do cancel when Seneca County goes level 3. That is a no brainer

Questions

Ask CLY

·
Registered
691 Posts
We are not going to let 3 foot drifts and 30 mph winds hold us up. Those guys up north don't let foul weather bother them. Matt might be reading this ,checking up on us. lol Glenn

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Glenn, 3 ft drifts and 30 mph winds? You are lucky to be having such a mild winter,,,, seems every morning, which drive do I try first? Couple weeks ago took 1/2 hr to pound through 100 feet with my plow truck. THINK SPRING!!
DaveB

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dave B. You did see I have Brett F shooting the league for me this year

Hoping to be ready to shoot in your spring league at U C O A

CLY

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Clair, Didn't know Brett Farve was a shooter, or available. But normally pros are pros at what ever they do! Glenn, sounds like a ringer here too, , he will be on my squad. LOl
DaveB

·
Registered
200 Posts
I want to lobby for the Carey boys handicap to begin at the 27 ,due to known ability. What does everybody else think???? Sounds fair to me. Looking forward to getting started,I think this years weather will separate the men from the boys for sure.See you there. Joel Brown

·
Registered
691 Posts
Great to hear from you Jeb, I think? Don't know about this known ability thing?
All us Carey boys are just hackers looking to have fun and a COLD beverage. To quote a great guy( you know who I mean B.D.)" it always tastes better when it is free." lol Glenn

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a question for Clair, what has to be done to register our targets in a league like this?? Just wondering. Joel Brown

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Long range forecast shows 2 degrees for first day of W T L

NO WAY until I see that

Have heaters ready for the trap machines BUT if it a north wind we could be in trouble I have been keeping records for 14 years & yes we have had weather like this before so we will be fine

Remember this is all for a good time & support for the SPTS CLUB!

CLY

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Ten more days til FUS trap league starts, Long range temps say to be sure to have the thermals ready.

JEB I agree with the known ability handicapping mentioned above. Another option might be 20 gauge 5/8 oz of 9's

Looking forward to another good league.

See you all Sunday 2/9
DaveB

·
Registered
200 Posts
I believe this will be the 20th year my team has shot in the W T L in Fostoria,I urge anyone who is on the fence about participating to come out. You will have a great time.GOOD FOOD / GOOD PEOPLE / GOOD TARGETS and COLD BEVERAGES ,What is not to like ???????
Joel Brown

1 - 20 of 63 Posts