Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always try to buy American especially with my reloading components. With no chance of finding American made components over the past few years I have had no choice but to buy primers and shot made out of this country has have many of my reloading buddies. Foreign components kept many shooters in the game this year as we could not depend on our U.S. manufacturers to fill the bill. All in all I am very thankful for those foreign companies stepping up and filling the void for many shooters. THey kept a lot of shooters "on the line" this year.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts

Put your money where your mouth is. It ain't cheap, but it's American made.

Primers, sadly right now the choice is Federals at $35/100 yes, thats one hundred, not one thousand! or Cheddites. A local place had those federals on the shelf stacked 4 back. I though the price was $35 for 400, which is high, but I'd pay that for them. Then I pulled the front one out, and they all were tagged $34.99! :eek:

From all reports, Cheddites work fine, so I am buying a brick to try.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Primers, sadly right now the choice is Federals at $35/100 yes, thats one hundred, not one thousand! or Cheddites.
I'd check to see if that is a mistake at the register, or I'd walk out. Primers aren't going for much above normal here, last night I got CCI #41 mil SRP's for $56/1000 for a friend. Cheddite 209s were $39/1000 last week while SW had them. If that's not an error, you're being slightly gouged.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Put your money where your mouth is. It ain't cheap, but it's American made.

Primers, sadly right now the choice is Federals at $35/100 yes, thats one hundred, not one thousand! or Cheddites. A local place had those federals on the shelf stacked 4 back. I though the price was $35 for 400, which is high, but I'd pay that for them. Then I pulled the front one out, and they all were tagged $34.99! :eek:

From all reports, Cheddites work fine, so I am buying a brick to try.
I have to take issue with your comment to me "put my money where my mouth is" If you read my thread you would see that is my goal..... Tell me where I can buy primers right now with out be gouged by offshoot websites.... J

·
Banned
K-80 Trap Special
45 Posts
I have had no issues with the cheddites, I doubt I will go back to the higher priced primers just to support companies that don't seem to support us.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
I have to take issue with your comment to me "put my money where my mouth is" If you read my thread you would see that is my goal..... Tell me where I can buy primers right now with out be gouged by offshoot websites.... J
Well I meant that about the shot and provided a link, but if you want some Federal 209's at $34.99/100, Russell's Sport and Bike in Star Prairie, WI has 800 of them. You won't find any US made ones available for a while at prices much below that, I'm hoping by Spring.

The days of $35 bags of shot and $130 sleeves of primers are gone. :(

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
$80 a bag for shot, shipped? Watch for when Rekobs has Lawrence shot (which is also made in the USA, if that's your thing) and pay $50 a bag with shipping....not $80. They carry other brands as well, and they flat rate ship.
If I bought shot from Recob's, I'd drive over, but it would have to be for more than a bag or two; It's about 4 hours from me.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
If I bought shot from Recob's, I'd drive over, but it would have to be for more than a bag or two; It's about 4 hours from me.
I was just pointing out you can get American made shot for a lot cheaper than Roto - even with shipping.

Reactions: entropy

·
Registered
11,119 Posts
Right now it's buy what you can FIND ! Not a big fan of Eagle shot from Peru but it kept me in the game when it was all I could get ! The component crunch doesn't look like it will be letting up any time soon !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts