Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sheared a screw in my BT-99 golden clays forearm take down lever. Any ideas where to get a new screw. Had no luck with MGW or Brownells.
Thanks Paul

·
Premium Member
12,482 Posts
Measure the other screw, I may have 1. The other way to determine is, is thr front wood a beavertail or a competition front end? I assumed it is a BT Golden Clays. Bulge.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
call Browning. If they have it they will ship it quickly. I have ordered small parts several times, not like a repair center.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Don't Browning have a problem with the later BT-99s with the forearm screws?? I believe they will repair and update them for free. Bill Malcolm

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
mac1, I don't think that screw exists outside the Browning world. They don't want you to get one at the hardware store.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
chukar16 , post your results,lots of complaining here about Browning service.

: Dr. Honk , the Browning take-down lever screws ARE hardened machine screws. No way I would let someone re-tap the thread.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Contact Browning, You may be able to get the screws from them in a week. A guy at my gun club had the same experience. If I recall, (which may be faulty), he received a few different sizes of screws from them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haven't heard great things about Browning repair service but the guys in parts couln't be any better.Screws are on the way. Thanks to those who tried to help me out.

Paul D

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Honk, not sure why they break. I never had a problem with mine. I replaced the rear wood screw with a brass insert and a screw like the other two. I now use custom wood and the same screws. I assume they come loose and shear. The takedown lever screws are hardened machine screws. The last three that Browning sent me are phillips head screws.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.