Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AND, THE NEVER TRUMP CROWD SAYS????

Ford is shifting all North American small-car production from the U.S. to Mexico, CEO Mark Fields told investors today in Dearborn, even though its plans to invest in Mexico have become a lightening rod for controversy in this year's presidential election.

"Over the next two to three years, we will have migrated all of our small-car production to Mexico and out of the United States," Fields said.

Ford shifting all U.S. small-car production to Mexico

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
My son worked four years part time waiting for a full time opportunity with benefits.

The higher paying jobs wanted experience.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
My son worked four years part time waiting for a full time opportunity with benefits.

The higher paying jobs wanted experience.
That's exactly how the entry level welding jobs were around here. Companies here wanted five years experience doing production welding for an ENTRY level production welding job.

What a classic Catch-22 for anyone starting out.

Translated, that means: "We have a glut of welders, so you experienced welders can start at minimum wage."

After unsuccessfully trying to land a local welding job, my son headed out for greener pastures and is now a journeyman ironworker.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, if they move to Mexico they might have a chance of working as a welder, that is if there allowed to take a job from a Mexican (unlike the USA).

In any case no chance of working at a Ford small-car production plant in the USA. 40% of the population so screwed by the Elites.

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
In 20 more years the only person left in Dearborn will be the CEO. They will eventually move every job there.

I agree with the economist that Joe pointed out. I can't stand it when these politicians keep screaming about jobs. Jobs stands for just over broke. We need to be creating careers. Low level manufacturing jobs is a sweet way of saying broom handler. All of the low end crap is automated and there may only be a few employees in an entire plant churning out thousands of widgets.

Back to the auto industry. I was very early in college and I was having a conversation with my father about a job he was doing for the UAW. Growing up I saw what they represented. I said to my father, In my lifetime I will see the end of the UAW.

·
Registered
29,316 Posts
Maybe we can raise the minimum wage and that will fix everything.

Reactions: perazziuser

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
i hear ford is incorporating pre designed hidden compartments for easy storage of drugs in their new models from mexico. numerous complaints have risen about owners having to cut, chop and bondo sheet metal in order to store all the illegal drugs in car panels for border crossings.
lol.

·
Banned
8,492 Posts
Like Trump said today. Flint used to make the cars and Mexico had bad water. Now Mexico make the cars and Flint has the bad water.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Careers and whatever but a pipe dream that never was.....

30% of the population and most likely higher just barely have a high school education (or didn't graduate at all). Even worst now days as education standards to graduate from High School have been lowered to increase graduation rates. Throw in one parent families, drugs, and gang bangers and we have a mess, especially in most major cities.

No problem for many years, as the military would take you and almost every small town had a factory. Two, three generations working in the same factory.

Military won't take you if you have any issues and small town factories have moved to Mexico and Asia.

Call it a failed education system or just the general IQ of 30% of Americans, but lets not fool anyone that most could move into so called career jobs.

Those small town local factories that the educated look down upon, were a godsend for many. And, isn't a shame those same jobs are now a godsend in Mexico and Asia.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Bet they'll all have "bitchin' tuck and roll"!:p

The Fusions have always been made(since 2005) in Hermosillo, Mehico. They did open Fusion production in Flat Rock, Michigan in 2013, but who knows what'll happen next?

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
29,316 Posts
Oh crap, why did you have to start that again?? :D
Could not help myself. A nutcase was on the radio today pushing a bill to increase the minimum wage in Colorado. He was using all the same old BS arguements about paying people a living wage, people should not have to go to the Food Pantry to eat, same ol, same ol. Said he interviewed business people who said they would need more customers, more sales to afford to increase salaries (yeah right, I'm sure he did) then he cited the Henry Ford theory, double the salary of your workers so they could afford to buy the products they make.

·
Registered
14,590 Posts
Face it, our labor costs are not competitive on the "world market". Why does Walmart buy so much product from overseas?

They can make it and ship it to the US cheaper than we can build it here. Except for some high precision parts, and some OEM or proprietory parts, we cannot compete globally. India, China, Russia, Asia and other upcoming manufacturing countries have the engineering and sophistication to control quality, box and ship product, and search out sales adequately.

The US no longer has the manufacturing edge like we did in the 50's, 60's and 70's. Our competition has grown up and is educating their kids to be in manufacturing while our kids sit in the basement and play video games.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I've been out of the auto industry since 2008 but back then, the GM vehicles with the lowest warranty cost per vehicle (a good indicator of quality) were those made in Canada with the Mexican-built ones, which were mostly trucks at that time, close behind. It seems to me that those workers value their jobs more than our workers so I really can't blame the automakers for moving production where doing so saves them money in both the short (assembly) and long (warranty) term while providing us with a better product.

Sure, I'd rather see our cars made here but if you put yourself in the automakers' shoes, it's not difficult to understand their motives.

Ed

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
AND, THE NEVER TRUMP CROWD SAYS????

Ford is shifting all North American small-car production from the U.S. to Mexico, CEO Mark Fields told investors today in Dearborn, even though its plans to invest in Mexico have become a lightening rod for controversy in this year's presidential election.

"Over the next two to three years, we will have migrated all of our small-car production to Mexico and out of the United States," Fields said.

Ford shifting all U.S. small-car production to Mexico
Let the Mexicans buy their cars....Boycott all Mexican made small Ford cars.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
My 1988 GMC 3/4 ton was from Mexico. That was a long time ago. I do not think GM has made any of their small engines in America in 30 years. Chrysler sold Japanese production cars as well as Mexican. I have purchased Fords that were made in Canada. A couple years ago GM said they would be marketing Chinese production light trucks in 2016, but I have not seen any.

All this has been going on for a long time. There is something really wrong with our trade policies a well as Federal agency requirements on Corporations. The EPA never saw a business they didn't think should be shut down.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts