Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling a Colt SSA and wanted to give the group first shot at it. The gun is a Colt SSA in .45 long colt with a 7 1/2 inch barrel. This gun has been in the safe for a long time. It is in very good condition with very slight blueing wear at the muzzle and a slight cylinder line that doesn't cut all the way through the blueing. It comes with the original and correct Colt box with box paperwork. If memory serves I bought this gun in the 60's. It has been shot less than 100 times. I believe it is early 3rd generation. Serial # is
828**SA. Price is $1000 firm. Email if you want additional pictures or have questions. Thanks for looking. Rich Strickland, gyrine

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Third Generation SSA started in 1976. Your Ser.# indicate it's a '1977 production.

This is a good price.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve, Thank you for that information. When you get to be my age being off by 10 years is not that unusual. gyrine

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think Steve W is right about it being an early 3rd gen gun. Sorry no trades, trying to raise cash to help recoup on a recent expensive, but very fine and satisfactory purchase on tscom. gyrine

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
All the Second Generation SAA's I've owned (3) and seen (many) have SA at the end of the serial number. I'm looking at a .44 Spl 5 1/2 inch barrel # 270XXSA right now. All the Third Gen guns that I have seen have SA at the beginning of the serial number. Some recently have a S in front of the serial number and an A at the end.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have sent you a few emails to buy and by the adress posted they keep being returned. I have FFL and funds if Colt is available.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.