Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok we had some fun with who had the best wife now let see who has the best mother in-law.

Myself I can come right out and say I don't have a bad mother in-law, she has been there for my wife and I when ever we needed help. Now that she is in her 80's things have turned around, we are now helping her now that my father in-law has pass away. I have even skip going to a trap shoot to take her to see a doctor. The condo we live in now also has room to move her in when she can't take care of herself or if she ever want to just move in and not be alone any more. She always welcome!

No my wife is not standing over me ready to hit me over the head with a pan if I say something bad about her mother.

Now what do you have to say about your mother in-law?

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
I'll bet mine is the oldest. She will turn 101 in May. She kept her own house until last spring. She's always been my friend. Bill

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
My mother-in-law is fantastic. Definitely not the stereotypical one on TV or the movies. Great cook too.

·
Premium Member
18,848 Posts
I have had a mother in law for the last 32 years. She lives in the other house on our farm. That is all I can say. Signed, SOB son in law, Charlie

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Mine passed away years ago and I miss her still. She was the best ever. We got long better than I did with my own mother

·
Registered
808 Posts
I also was lucky to have a mother-in-law that was fantastic to me and all her son-in-laws.

First time I met her she was working as the dispatcher at the county sheriff office, and I was hauled in for questioning by the State police. Not exactly the best start for me, but she never held it against me and treated me great even though I am sure she did not think I was the best choice her daughter could make at the time.

She was a fine woman, she raised her 4 boys into gentlemen and her 4 girls into ladies. She put up with a husband who suffered from what we now know as PTSD from duty in the Pacific during WWII. She took in her slow brother when her parents passed and provided a home for him until she passed herself. She was truly a saint.

·
Molon Labe
11,992 Posts
Benn married twice, and both times the inlaws were dead before I was married

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
RLC323, sounds like you had a MIL like mine. Most wonderful positive person that I have ever known. I've never heard her speak a bad word about anyone and believe me I gave her plenty of opportunity. Whatever came up She would just stop and say, Lets pray about it. I caused her to spend many an hour on her knees praying for my salvation and I credit her with my being saved. I am sorry to say that She died last year at the age of 92 but is in a better place. Jackie B.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I've had mine for nearly 19 years. Like cubancigar2000, I have a better relationship with her than my own mother. She has always treated me like I was one of her own, and always sends home leftovers when I can't join my wife for a trip over.

We nearly lost her at New Years, but the wonderful Doctor's at Riverside Hospital in Columbus, Ohio literally saved her life. This Christmas will truly be a joyous occasion because we still have Mom.

Jim

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
When courting a young lady, I was always told to confirm that her Mother was nice, attractive, etc. The theory suggests that the young lady will be much like her Mother @ 40, 60, etc. All I can say for sure is that it worked for me. I am sure that there are many exceptions to this rule.

I am shocked that these "Who has the best" threads have not produced some good pics.

Doug Allison

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My mother in-law called my wife about 2:30am this morning and said that she heard something in her garage. I got up and drove 70 miles one way just to check on her. All I could find when I got to her place was a bucket that may have fell and landed on the floor.

She call again this morning after she got up just to check and see if I made it home safely. She told my wife I was just like a son to her and she can count on me day or night if she needs help.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts