Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the reason for the high cost of Y models ? I have seen NIB Y's selling for hundreds more than NIB pre 64's. Whats up ?

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
I would like to know where you have been looking also, its sure not around here ... Pre 64's bring the most money in this area ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gunbroker, Guns international,Guns America,Auction Arms, Cabelas, Dave Riffle. Right now Riffle has one NIB Y for $2900+. Auction arms has a pre 64 NIB for $2600. I bought a 95% Pigeon off this site 2 years ago for less than half that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Pigeon I bought off this site is a 2-pin duckbill trap made in 1955 #1650XXX The Gentleman I bought it from posts on here from time to time. Great gun, and I thank him MUCH !

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't understand it. Take a look at some of those site's and see what they are asking for Y's. I was wondering why the high prices. I thought I am missing out on something !

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Some seller is trolling for a sucker. No way is a new Y model 12 worth more than a new Pre-64 Model 12.

There are some Y-model 12 Super Pigeons going high dollars. Some of these are actually a pre-64 guns made with inventory parts w/Y serial numbers.

Came from the custom shop.

It is easy to tell if you look into the shell opening at underside of the top of the reciever, it will be a machined surface, not a rough cast surface as in the Y model.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

·
Registered
987 Posts
I check the auction sites daily, I am a beginning collector and am always looking for a good buy...There are a few Y models for "sale" at high prices, but there is usually something special about them...NIB, Mod. choke, skeet, but I don't see any of them selling. There are also many M 12s for sale by people that are not knowledgeable about the M 12 and are asking crazy high prices, and many with misleading descriptions...buyer beware. For me it is really interesting to watch the prices and the different gun for sael....JMHO...WC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.