Trapshooters Forum banner

For all you Hornady 366 guys

1156 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  oldshotgunner
I'm loading 12 ga 2-3/4" trap loads and all of a sudden the resize / de-cap station isn't pushing the spent primers out. Never had this happen before so I started looking at what came out of proper adjustment - - nothing I could find. I moved the barrel up and down, moved the resizing die up and down and nothing. Fortunately I have one of those vary spiffy primer pocket reducer and hull expander tools so I'm still able to load. I have no idea what happened but I'll bet it's something under the platen that has moved or broken.

Any suggestions or ideas???

T/I/A
Bill J.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
264 Posts
Either something is limiting the upstroke of the platen or the die is adjusted too high. Verify the linkage and bolts that move the platen up are intact and undamaged
Wouldn't something limiting the upstroke of the platen cause problems everywhere else on the turret? Just asking not trying to be smart. I would look more at the ram/punch settings. Or possibly the "pin" that rams the primer out broke?? Just guessing here. I removed the sizing die on mine a few years ago so I don't remember exactly how that removes the primer or if it even does.

· Registered
264 Posts
This part of the original post, "and all of a sudden the resize / de-cap station isn't pushing the spent primers out." is the part that sticks out to me. Makes me think Slowpoke is on the right track. I believe that is where I would start looking.

· Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the ideas!! I think I have it figured out. Twp parts might be worn, the #13 clevis link and / or the #62 size die eject bold. It looks like the clevis link slides off the radius on top of the bolt and I'll bet that bolt wasn't made with a large radius on the top. The clevis link looks ok, the bolt not so much. I'll call Hornady tomorrow and see about some new parts.

Thanks for all the input!!
Bill J.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.