Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen this thread: http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread_archive2.cfm?threadid=122864&Messages=20 You may have to copy and paste in your browser, however I also see this: http://www.craigcolvin.com/photography/index.php/craigs-trapshooting-tips/ but then I also read in a trapshooters bible that at each post to position your feet 1/4 turn to your right, right handed of course.

Then I would imagine it is whatever is comfortable to you and whatever allows you to hit all the targets yes? I seem to prefer quartering each post to my dominant eye.

What is your foot position?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I have seen every thing used successfully. A guy at our club stands horizontal toes on the very edge of the station at every post. No way could I do that as I am about 90 degrees off of that.

·
Registered
16,608 Posts
It's not rocket science. If you put your gun up and swing from left to right (RH shooter) your gun will go up as you run out of swing. When you go right to left your gun will go down as you run out of swing.

The resultant area between those 2 points is your good shooting area. place your feet to keep the target flights in your sweet spot (good shooting area).

I also see people standing with both feet parallel to the yard line. Tried it, very uncomfortable with extreme angles.

Big M's lefty info is also in RH form on Remington's site.

HM

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
What tripod says........There is no right way, its whatever works for you.

I'm a right handed shooter and I like my right foot parallel with the yardage line on all posts.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
As long as your able to swing comfortably on extreme rights & lefts without being bound up.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
What I was told is to not to be binded up when going after the target. Meaning when on station 1 or 5 when the target goes to the hard left station 1 or hard right station 5 don't hit the end of your twisting and have to force yourself to go farther. Be in a comfortable position close to the opposite twist to the hard twist. So when you chase after the harded target you aren't stressing.

I place my feet at or just a little father then my shoulders. I am right handed so my left foot is in front and I'm about a 45 degree's to the station. That works for me.

When you get all the info you are looking for go through it till you find what works for you. You might take info from 10 diff shooters and adapt parts from all or jsut some till you find what works for you. Just because it works for some doesn't mean it will work for you. Good luck and don't give up.

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
A lie drawn across the tips of your toes should parallel the centerline of walkway #5 and vica-versa for LH shooters; parallel walkway #1.

There are slight variations depending upon cross-winds.

Watch the video "Trapshooting with the Remington Pros." MPTPDOC sells that video.

WW

·
Registered
41 Posts
Basically, belly button pointing at the top right corner of the station square for singles and hcp. Right hand shooter.

Doubles stance is set up for the 2nd target.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Foot position isn't nearly as important (so long as you are able to swing to both extreme angles) but BALANCE will greatly improve your performance. Weight should be evenly distributed on both feet. Use you backbone as a pivot point so as not to "arm" shoot.

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
Someone once said: "Be a tank."

That means be set and swivel at the hips. Foot placement IS important ergonometrically speaking.

My recommendation puts your belly button as mentioned above. Great response!

WW

1 - 14 of 14 Posts