Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question...
Everyone is different but assuming on singles your foot position is right out of the Remington Clay Target hand book
"Foot Position On each station, your toes should be placed on an imaginary line which would parallel the line of flight of the extreme left angle target from position #5."

Do you change your foot position for doubles...and if so how?

Mike

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,818 Posts
I open my stance a little more but dont really change foot position since I set up for the hardest angle regardless of discipline. If I stay with my "normal" stance it'll tend to throw me off balance on the second shot.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
My foot position for doubles is for the second target. I stand like I was shooting singles at each post. Right or wrong that's how I do it.
George

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Take a position so you will be comfortable shooting the second target. HMB
That pretty much sums it up --------
While I am not a very good doubles shooter, my foot position for doubles may be a little more to the left (I am a right hand shooter) on post 1-2-3 and a little more to the right on post 4-5, than the foot position for singles and handicap. I find that in doubles I need a little more body coil into the first target in order to un-coil and generate a little more gun speed for the second target.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Question...
Everyone is different but assuming on singles your foot position is right out of the Remington Clay Target hand book
"Foot Position On each station, your toes should be placed on an imaginary line which would parallel the line of flight of the extreme left angle target from position #5."

Do you change your foot position for doubles...and if so how?

Mike
Yes. Set up for the second target. Rotate more that you would for singles. Shoot the first with reckless abandon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts