Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
The mom and pops are dropping like fat boys on a see-saw!!!!!
Good help is hard to find....laying around on ones ass is rampant....
Thanks to the leadership of the ages...........m
All are true but there's more ! When Covid hit a lot of eateries were forced to shut down but , their BILLS and Mortgages were STILL due !! Many NEVER recovered and now with the high price of the food delivered yo them and SOARING shipping cost ,many just can't stay in business!! A direct result of liberal leadership or I should say LACK of it !! :mad:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
South Side's owner was telling us he was not sure how he was going to get through the rest of Grand week last year due to no one wanting to work. It was placing a tremendous load on him, and the staff he had. Said it might be his last year...sad to hear this has come true.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
South Side's owner was telling us he was not sure how he was going to get through the rest of Grand week last year due to no one wanting to work. It was placing a tremendous load on him, and the staff he had. Said it might be his last year...sad to hear this has come true.

Really sad to read that. Haven't missed a South Side visit each year since 2008. First it was Pioneers Cabin in Percy, now its South Side.

Closing by FJB....

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
Really sad to read that. Haven't missed a South Side visit each year since 2008. First it was Pioneers Cabin in Percy, now its South Side.

Closing by FJB....
Sad for sure. I loved the pork Chops at South Side. I ate at the Pioneers Cabin from the time phesantmaster told me about it until they closed . Glad Lollies is still there.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Pioneer's Cabin was fantastic. Just loved the place. We get people coming down every now and then that will stop at Cracker Barrel up in O'Fallon and pick up some Chicken and Dumplings for us.
The owner was something else when he started quoting the pie menu. He must have had 20 different pies memorized!

·
Registered
83 Posts
All are true but there's more ! When Covid hit a lot of eateries were forced to shut down but , their BILLS and Mortgages were STILL due !! Many NEVER recovered and now with the high price of the food delivered yo them and SOARING shipping cost ,many just can't stay in business!! A direct result of liberal leadership or I should say LACK of it !! :mad:
Yup, Thanks Uncle Joe!🤯

·
Registered
63 Posts
I didn't see the obituary for South Side Ribs. I've eaten there every year Sparta has hosted the Grand, never had a bad meal. Sparta has great hospitality.
Well there you have it Chuck not big poke chops for us, add that in with ammunition prices and gas prices, more the reason for me to just not go. Eating at South Side was one thing I actually looked forward to when I went. Looks like I’m done with it for 2022.

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 34” unsingle 0.031/34” Wilkinson o/u with a prosoft
1,586 Posts
The owner was something else when he started quoting the pie menu. He must have had 20 different pies memorized!
He’s a good guy. One of the turkeys my dad mounted is still in that building. They tried it with new ownership and it didn’t last a couple months. Miss going there during deer season. And I really miss their cherry cheesecake…

21 - 40 of 47 Posts