Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone!
Thought I would start a thread about some restaurant changes in Sparta and food vendors at the Grand.
Couple of changes in town.
Broadway grill has changed hands and is now Broadway Bayou. Some menu changes, but still great food, Angela will take good care of you.
South Side Ribs has closed it doors and I don't look for anyone to be in there in time for the grand.
Doreen's (south end of town) has also changed owner's. I don't believe there has been any menu changes there.
Bricktown is a new spot. nice small café, Just ate lunch there today. They may be on vendor row also. (still deciding)
A new spot has opened up in the old hardee's building. It's called Smoked and Smashed. I would call it an American Café serving up everything from smash burgers to pulled pork and ribs.
I know that on vendor row Mike ( Butchers Block ) will be in his normal place and we have moved one spot to the west in lot 70. I am sure the Farm Bureau will be back with the best ice cream around.
If anyone is heading to the SCTP State shoot at the complex, we will be there along with Chick Fil A and I think Mike may be there as well.
If you have any questions I will do my best to find the answers.
What's happening in and around Sparta is a good place for information as Sheryl try's to keep up with available rentals and daily happenings.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I was at Southside ribs at the last grand and service was terrible. Took almost 25 minutes to get a menu and drink, another 10 to 15 to order and 35 to 40 minutes to get food that was mediocre at best. It wasn't that busy at that point. Some friends that came in after me had not had a waitresse to their table in the length of time it took for me to eat. It's a shame because that pork chop was the bomb!!! Hope someone reopens it and turns it around.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I was at Southside ribs at the last grand and service was terrible. Took almost 25 minutes to get a menu and drink, another 10 to 15 to order and 35 to 40 minutes to get food that was mediocre at best. It wasn't that busy at that point. Some friends that came in after me had not had a waitresse to their table in the length of time it took for me to eat. It's a shame because that pork chop was the bomb!!! Hope someone reopens it and turns it around.
I went twice at last year's Grand and it was 50/50. The good visit was when we went early. Oh well, something caught up with them and even the bar proceeds couldn't keep them going.

Reactions: jk80

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
I didn't see the obituary for South Side Ribs. I've eaten there every year Sparta has hosted the Grand, never had a bad meal. Sparta has great hospitality.

Reactions: o-hale
1 - 20 of 47 Posts