Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did you think of, J&T excaiber? I've eat there for the last 2 years. My experience was, the meat was raw and the services 2nd hand. What are other peoples experiences? What were your favorite places to eat at?

·
Registered
813 Posts
I had complete opposite experience !! Service was great , drinks great ., food was great also . We ate there at least 3 times only had burgers and appetizer .

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
For lunch I like the Philly Cheese Steak and sausages place, keep your cup and get a large refill for $2.

Dinner I usually went to Rice & Fries Chinese buffet. Service was good, since it was as fast as I could get to the food, get to the food, get to the food! Major problem I tended to over eat.

Jason

·
Premium Member
4,723 Posts
I ate 2 nights at the bar in the events center . Beer was ice cold . Food was good with large portions . Wait staff were good to me and pleasing to the eye .

·
Registered
530 Posts
Had the rib special there, which was not my favorite. But the drinks were poured with a nice heavy hand and the service was good.

For breakfast, we hit up the Crazy Lady Cafe more than a couple of times. All plates made fresh, generous portions and good prices.

·
Registered
114 Posts
J&T's was way better than the last restaurant that was there. I had the Steak & Lobster one night, the filet was cooked perfect and the rest was just as good.

·
Premium Member
10,550 Posts
We haven't had a bad meal there yet. The last time we ate there, during the U.S. Open, the "J" in "JT" sat with us after the crowd cleared out. Cool lady. We all split a desert "on the house".

We couldn't get in at this year's Grand. They were booked solid. I'll bet their kitchen was taxed more than they're used to. I always give a restaurant a second chance and I always let them know when they screw up and let them know that it's how they resolve problems that counts too.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
J&T's food was ok.....service was very good. Dined there 2 nights out of 10. Went to Reeds Harvest House Smogasbord in Chester a couple nights. Best meals we had while in Illinois. Home cooking, buffet and all you can eat for less than $10 per person. Southside Rib joint was very good. Long wait.

Breakfast at the Butcher Block every morning.

·
Banned
10,357 Posts
The Butcher's block was good and I also think the current restaurant was far better than the last one! Usually I eat breakfast in town to save a little on expenses . The snack line is a little pricy but the food was good.

·
Premium Member
10,550 Posts
We had dinner at the Chinese restaurant a couple of times. We've gone there since 2006 and have enjoyed watching the proprietors daughter, Jenny, grow up. Great service and food.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts