Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dangit, you found out the long lost secret.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
If you swing through the target as you fire, your swing speed will build in the lead. Fire as the end of the barrel passes under or through the front edge of the target.

MK

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I aim at the "F" in "White Flyer" if it's a straightaway. Aim at the "W" if it's a left angle, the "r" if it's a right angle.

Reactions: anti

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I prefer to aim at the Registered Trademark Circled "R" to the left of the "AA".

·
Registered
196 Posts
One of the best sporting/FITASC shooters in the world will tell you that he never fires until he can clearly see the rings on the bird. If his shot is 55 yards instead of 40 so be it. He's confident that if he can see the rings, he can break it regardless of distance, angle, or other factors.

Of course, another world class shooter once told me that the sooner you can break a target off the trap the better.

Find out what works for you and go with it. In trap I shoot fast (as soon as I see movement). In sporting/FITASC I mix and match depending on presentation.

·
Supporting Vendor
5,828 Posts
A shooting coach I went to would always tell me "your eyes are dragging" when I was behind a target. He would say "get your eyes out in front of the target". It works for me.

Jim Skeel

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Denny, Did Hauxfan teach you to shoot?

When I'm on the same squad he is he's always complaining about too much dust on the targets and that makes the letters hard to see.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I really try to get my eyes to look for the front of the Target, and concentrate on keeping my head down where it belongs?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.