Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know much about the subject gun for 5 stand/sporting clays (quality, customer service, durability, resale value, etc.) Also where to find one new or used ?
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Finally a thread I actually know about and can contribute to!! I owned a 30” blue laminate model and really regret selling it. When it was originally discontinued years ago I was offered more money than I paid for it by an FN collector. They had an issue where the forend would split and since FN didn’t have a fix for it I figured I should sell it before it inevitably splits. They have since released the gun to market again and must have revised the forend. I called FN customer service to ask about it and they weren’t sure of what changed. They are pretty much clones of the Winchester Select Energy if I remember correctly. The blue and grey models have adjustable combs. The green laminate models do not. Here on Long Island I’ve seen them for sale in a bunch of local shops for sale. I know I seen them recently come up for sale at Palmetto State Armory also. I’ve only ever dealt with FN customer service when I bought my SLP and was missing a gas piston. The shipped me one with no questions asked.

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
This shotgun is better left alone. Do not buy this shotgun. It has a issue with the forearm wood breaking. FN did not have a fix. We had a shooter at Markham Park that bought one. He was a newbie shooter and really getting into Trap shooting. After 1 1/2 years with no fix I stopped talking to him. I doubt he has got his brand new FN-SC-1 shotgun fixed yet??? I have not seen him since he stopped shooting with a broken shotgun. I told him to buy a Browning shotgun. He thought because of the reputation of the FN plant, it would be OK to buy this shotgun at a much lower price. He lost his azz!!! Wenig wanted $600 to make him a new forearm wood for his FN SC-1 shotgun. You have been warned. break em all jeff

·
Registered
40 Posts
Kid shoots one (28") in my sons' club and does real well with it. He was having ejection problems but a few drops of oil cured that. One thing I did notice was that the ejector springs were very weak versus our Yildiz ejector springs which are really hard to push down. Don't know the age of it but it looks new and is the green laminate one. Didn't see any cracks. All the ones you'll see now are the green laminate. Maybe that color combo doesn't crack?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts