Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my third week with "THE FLU" I'm in Indiana

I told the DR that I had my flu shot about 2 months ago--"great,if not you

might have contracted a strain of the flu viris that could kill you"---"there are several strains of the flu viris---the shots only protect you from the potentially most deadly"

"Tamiflu",is the BIG THING for the flu--EXPENSIVE;if it did anything to help,I cannot say that it has helped in any way.
Both times at the hospital,the emergency rooms were full.

I'm sure I will get over this,but it sur has been rough on this 74yo

Tom

·
Molon Labe
11,992 Posts
Hang in there Tom, it will give sooner or later, but it has been whipping a lot of people here in Texas, I did get the flu shot, but I also try to avoid people as much as I can during the flu season

·
Registered
122 Posts
Tom,

Best of luck for getting well quick,from an Indiana farm kid. I hate to be sick. I hate for my wife to be sick, more. I'm like you,in that when I get sick, nothing helps except time,unless I go to the doctor and get a grocery sack full of pills.
I hope you get to feeling better fast.

Respectfully,

Patrick Swartz

·
Banned
3,881 Posts
My grandfather on my mother's side was a country Doctor. He used to say, "It takes a week to catch it, a week to keep it, and a week to get rid of it." Hope you get better soon.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Tom

I agree..........warm honey and cinnamon, three times a day, washed down with CC and Coke!

Just kidding

Get well soon

Danny B in Rushville

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Danny kidding aside you were pretty close my father's home remedy.

He would mix whiskey, honey and lemon juice given after a bowl of chicken soup and rice for dinner.

As for Coke, assuming the drink. If you are nauseous, drink a Coke. If it does not settle your stomach, throwing it up is a lot better than having dry heaves.

Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts