Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI: 2nd stop on the Florida Chain. Markham Park target range, Sunrise, Florida. FT. Lauderdale area. Wednesday Jan 28-Sunday Feb 1.

Eric

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Eric,
This might be a dumb question, but could you explain a chain shoot to me? I hear that there is one in Trail Glades and then moving to Markham, just don't know what the format is for these?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rivers001,

A chain shoot is a series of multiday shoots thruout the state. The Florida Chain starts at CCC.Miami on Jan 25, moves to Markham on Jan 28, Flagler on Feb 4, Jacksonville Feb 11, Gator Feb 17, Robinson Ranch Feb 24, Silver Dollar March 2, South Florida Shooting Sports Mar 18. Most are 5 day shoots with some going for 6 & 7 days.

Eric

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see I really didn't answer your question about format, sorry. Most often it's a variation of singles, H'cap & doubles for each day depending how a club sets up their program.

Eric

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Pretty neat for the RV crowd.

They pull up stakes on Sunday evening or Monday and on to the next club for a week of shooting.

From what I seen, singles, handicap and doubles on weekdays and than 200 singles on Saturday and handicap and doubles on Sunday.

I think eight clubs make up the chain.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NJBob,

I think Flagler in Bunnell is closest. Try Floridatrap.com for all clubs.

wopahoe,

I don't think there's a set price. At Markham it's $30/100 including FTA & ATA fees.

Eric

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Be aware that at Markham being a county run public facility there are no member rates and on weekends it's $1.50 to get into the park. Everyone pays the same for practice $7.25/25.

Eric

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.