Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had ocasional flinches for 15 years. Frustrating! Shoot fast(slow down was the advice) Get a release(still flinched) Give up shooting trap(NO)realized that at distance I was seeing double (diplopia). What to do? Finally a possible correction a prism in the left lens(I'm right eye dominant and shoot 2 eyes open). Had another exam and found I could have a prism installed over my tri focals (left eye only) it took less than a minute to adjust to it. Shot Tuesday no more 2 targets coming out in 16 yd. No flinches in the 50 I shot(broke 47) was sloppy on those 3. Having new lenses with a permanent prism in my new progressives. Wish could have found this years ago. I hope this may help others. Bob Gegerson

·
Registered
176 Posts
I to been fighting a flinch for 10 years. It only come in pressure spots. I have tried everything and finally figured out that my left eye was taking over for a split second and back to the other eye. But it was to late. So I put some tape on the left lenses about half way down the glass, so I could walk and talk with both eyes. When I mount the gun and put my head down the tape covers the left eye so it can't see the bead. Yes, I have had to move my starting position so that the right eye can see the target better when target goes to the left. Basically cheating to the left. But my average has now up over 96, up over 3 target in a year and getting better. A long with better scores comes confidence, knowing I have not flinched in 2 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts