Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read another thread which reminded me of this problem. Has anyone used
hypnotism to cure flinching??
It works for some people quitting smoking. Maybe it might help with flinching.
Has anybody tried? Please don't tell me about release triggers.

Bill

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just read another thread which reminded me of this problem. Has anyone used
hypnotism to cure flinching??
It works for some people quitting smoking. Maybe it might help with flinching.
Has anybody tried? Please don't tell me about release triggers.

Bill

·
Vendor
19,094 Posts
no. But you get 2 flinches a round. Especially the two turndowns on surprising hard angles. I know a guy that has it down to a science.

·
Vendor
19,094 Posts
no. But you get 2 flinches a round. Especially the two turndowns on surprising hard angles. I know a guy that has it down to a science.

·
Registered
837 Posts
MIA : NO, you mean shooters actually do that, why that is cheating!

CM

Hypnotizzzzed? That would be a miracle cure, better to take the problem head on.

·
Registered
837 Posts
MIA : NO, you mean shooters actually do that, why that is cheating!

CM

Hypnotizzzzed? That would be a miracle cure, better to take the problem head on.

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Too many put too much emphasis on shotgun triggers. Of all the types of shooting I've done the trigger quality of a trap gun is of the least importance. It's like a palm swell, some say they like them because they "feel" good. They shouldn't be felt at all, because if you are thinking that feels good you are not thinking about your shot.

Triggers are no different. a pistol shooter, or a bench rest shooter, high power, etc, needs a perfect trigger. I never feel the trigger on a shotgun. I have Browning s, Remington's , and Krieghoff's in various gauges and I can not tell the difference in any of them while shooting targets. Now while patterning them I do.

Your trigger should be controlled by your subconscious mind, not your conscious.

A pistol shooter shooting 50yd slowfire has to have a perfect trigger, or it will drive him nuts. A rapid fire shooter, a good one that is, will shoot a string and not realize the gun fired more than once, till it's empty, and the slide locks back.

Stop thinking about the trigger, quit trying to manipulate it with your conscious mind. If you are executing your shot correctly the gun will go off. You will not feel the trigger, the palm swell, even the recoil will appear to be less. Trust your mind.

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Too many put too much emphasis on shotgun triggers. Of all the types of shooting I've done the trigger quality of a trap gun is of the least importance. It's like a palm swell, some say they like them because they "feel" good. They shouldn't be felt at all, because if you are thinking that feels good you are not thinking about your shot.

Triggers are no different. a pistol shooter, or a bench rest shooter, high power, etc, needs a perfect trigger. I never feel the trigger on a shotgun. I have Browning s, Remington's , and Krieghoff's in various gauges and I can not tell the difference in any of them while shooting targets. Now while patterning them I do.

Your trigger should be controlled by your subconscious mind, not your conscious.

A pistol shooter shooting 50yd slowfire has to have a perfect trigger, or it will drive him nuts. A rapid fire shooter, a good one that is, will shoot a string and not realize the gun fired more than once, till it's empty, and the slide locks back.

Stop thinking about the trigger, quit trying to manipulate it with your conscious mind. If you are executing your shot correctly the gun will go off. You will not feel the trigger, the palm swell, even the recoil will appear to be less. Trust your mind.

·
Vendor
19,094 Posts
hmb is wrong. 90% + of shooters can adapt to imperfect triggers. And hmb, what is, adn where is this perfect tirgger? Huh?

·
Vendor
19,094 Posts
hmb is wrong. 90% + of shooters can adapt to imperfect triggers. And hmb, what is, adn where is this perfect tirgger? Huh?

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
I'd second what "221" stated.

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
I'd second what "221" stated.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.