Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I was walking into another business today I passed by the companies US flag at half staff. Kept thinking about how that has become all too common these days.
As a USAF LE/SP I had participated in many funeral details. Daily raising of the flag on the base was an honor and a privilege. Did it for 13 plus years and rarely had to fly it at half staff. Certainly not for the unnecessary self inflicted violence and excessiveness today.

We need real leadership in a bad way, in a hurry.

·
Thorn in your side
8,112 Posts
One of the cities here in the metro, lowered all city buildings flags to half staff the other day, as ordered by the Mayor, for a city alderman dying. ABSOLUTELY a disgrace. The flag means next to nothing anymore. I am not a vet, but I can't imagine how the vets feel seeing this downward spiral of respect for what you fought for.

·
Premium Member
18,223 Posts
Hell, people don't even pull over and take their hats off for funerals anymore. How disgraceful is that. There are people that that don't take their hats or caps off for the National Anthem at ball games. Disgraceful!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
My part time retirement job is a Security Guard at a NYS facility. Orders came in last Friday from Gov. "unsafe" Cuomo to lower flags in honor of those murdered in Nice, France. How can he not order them lowered for LEO's murdered in Baton Rouge?

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
My part time retirement job is a Security Guard at a NYS facility. Orders came in last Friday from Gov. "unsafe" Cuomo to lower flags in honor of those murdered in Nice, France. How can he not order them lowered for LEO's murdered in Baton Rouge?

I don't care what any Governor or what the President says my flag is half staff in honor for Law enforcement officers killed in the last few weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts