Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just 9 questions...I missed one.

I just went and bought a new flag as I do each flag day. I fly mine 24/7.

Bill

·
Molon Labe
11,984 Posts
Missed two, I was always told Betsy sewed the first one and I figured since NASA is a gummit agency they would have used the highest priced stuff to use on the moon

·
Registered
208 Posts
Missed one, I guess I didn't understand the "Saluteing the Flag" question. I thought if we put our hand over our hearts that was saluteing it. Tim

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Bill,

You should have a spot light on the flag at nighttime according to the rules if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
300 Posts
missed three. I buy my flags from the Valley Forge Flag Co, and yes they are expensive, but made here and will last longer than the chink ones. They fly in front of my store 365. I already along with many others paid the larger price of being able to fly our flag.

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Git-ER-Done...........I have a photo-cell light that stays lit all night. I could never find what the protocol is on lumen's for the flag or on how well lit it needs to be.

The only flags I buy are also from the Valley Forge Flag Company.

Dave...Do you contact your Senator or Congressman to get the flag?

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
I missed the saluting question too.

I don't get it. How could anyone mistake a normal salute for a fascist salute? And if it's fascist for a civilian to salute a flag, why isn't it for the military?

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
something from local news: An all-weather flag should be used when displaying the flag during inclement weather.

If the flag is on display inside, the stars should be in the upper left-hand corner.

When flown at night, the flag should be properly illuminated. Street lights or house lights can be used for this.

After a flag touches the ground, it does not have to be thrown away. As long as it is in good condition, the flag can be flown.....

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
BTW, we were the only house in the neighborhood to fly the flag on Memorial Day.

When we moved here many years ago it was unusual to see a house NOT flying the flag.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.