Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
7,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a nicely finished custom stock with gloss shine- i have several small surface dings( nothing deep) that are the size of a pencil dot! is there anything for touchup as a easy quick fix, instead of a total refinish?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Perhaps, try gloss fingernail polish dispensed off of the head of a pin. Keep it to a minimal. Swear I read somewhere, that a GUN is JUST a TOOL though !

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
Brownells sells lacquer sticks, which are made for this purpose.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I would find out what finish is used on the stock first. Some finishes are very difficult to repair. You could make it worse.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
I do this kind of work all the time with good results. I'm hesitent to offer how to advise least I be blamed for a ruined stock.

Typicaly I charge from $25 to $75 for this kind of work. I either use catalized clearcoat and an air gun or super glue.

I always end up buffing the entire stock. If your not carefull you can go through the finish ruining the whole stock's finish.

If the dings have turned white your probably out of luck and will have to consider a full refinish.
Joe

·
Vendor
7,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks- i will keek you in mind - please email me with your address - [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.