Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does fitting a new barrel to a K-80 receiver need special tooling? How much of a job is it, or does this need to be fitted by a gunsmith? If so, who do you recommend? Thank for any help you can give me. Tom

·
Premium Member
10,397 Posts
not a "gunsmith" - worst possible solution

Probably 90-95 [erscent dont need to be fit but those that do need to go to a krieghoff gunsmith like Pat Gottberg in Wells Mn or Krieghoff in Ottsville or one of the others that will be recommended on here shortly

a "gunsmith" have ruined more krieghoff barrels than can be counted

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
440 Posts
I agree with Gene, most do not need to be fitted. I was told by a source close to krieghoff, that if the barrel fits to the reciever and closes fine there is really no fitting needed. I have a new set of barrels that fit pretty well but I am still going to have them check them out just incase.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Some gun makers hand fit the parts of their guns. Other gun makers make the parts correct in the first place.

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Please take it to KI-you will never be sorry. Never take it to the lug pincher as mentioned-I've seen way to much of his barrel fitting!!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Kerry Allor (in MI) knows how to fit them and also does the factory release trigger installs. He is anal and does a good job. He fitted two barrels for me and did two release triggers for me.

Don Verna

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Andy,

Who and what is "the lug pincher"

Just want the barrel fitted correctly to the receiver. Tom

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
You left out Doug's Gunsmithing.. Phillip's Gunsmithing.. and Stu Wright.. All have done excellent work for me.. The Krieghoff factory also fitted a few barrels..and changed a few parts.. Oh.. Dr. K here.. Dave Capps ??? does well with them too..

·
Registered
509 Posts
I just had 4 barrels totally rebuilt and and fitted to reciever Krieghoff International did the work I was very pleased and I have no doubt it was done right. You tell me who knows more about Krieghoff than Krieghoff . Costly ??? not in the long run.

Jim Wallace

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.