Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it up there for the first time late last week.Had plans of maybe trying to trade a couple of guns for a couple of guns a give some money to boot. The gentleman who handles those deals wouldn't even bother to look at my guns. Anyone else had this experience, as I said I left disappointed.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Probably worried about medical insurance. Found out yesterday my wife's medical alone will be an extra $1200 a year.

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
619 Posts
Never tried to trade with him, but I have picked up some nice used guns at fair prices. I imagine he doesn't bother with guns that he knows he can't turn a good profit on or will be sitting on for a while.

·
Registered
21,599 Posts
I have both traded and outright purchased Trap guns from Gamaliels at their showroom at the Grand. I found it easy to make the deal. I also left feeling like I got a great deal. I dealt directly with Geoff the owner. Perhaps the items you had just didn't interest them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have been doing business with Gamaliel since the late 1970's. Garron Pare (the original owner)and all of his family are wonderful folks to do business with and sorry to hear your first trip there was not to your liking. Perhaps give Geoff a call and talk with him.---- Rebe Trickey

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry hippie I meant 30-30 I was talking something over with a co-worker and typing, apparently we were talking about his 30-06.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I've had to learn to check my ego at the door when trying to trade guns. Seems they are never worth what I think they are. As far as Gamaliel is concerned I've been dealing with them since the mid 90's, both in person and mail order. I've been very pleased. They have been supporting the shooting sports for a long time.

·
Registered
328 Posts
As a collector of guns, I could perhaps see why they may not have been interested. While I would expect both pieces are nice enough, neither is a "gem" if you would that could potentially be profitable. They are in business to make money, and have to invest theirs accordingly. I would suggest selling them yourself to the general public rather than trading as you are likely to come away with a bit more.

-Cliff

·
Registered
16,839 Posts
Customer relations should dictate that the sales person explain his rationale rather than simply turning the prospect away.

If you want to see arogance, go to Gander Mountain since they decided they have to make 40 per cent profit on all used guns.

HM

·
Premium Member
19,561 Posts
Halfmile- You are correct on Gander Mountain. The store here in Amarillo is a joke. Their guns and ammo are higher than anyone else in town, even if they are on sale. Charlie

·
Registered
14,538 Posts
HM- 40% profit? Your GM is more generous than mine, mine only pays 50c on the dollar of what bluebook says (50% profit). It was 70c on the dollar when they opened (30% profit).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.