Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy guys/gals,
I was able to put together a trap/skeet team to compete in the Fort Bliss competitor for the military units. Needless to say haven't shot any trap in a 3 years and I can count on one hand they amount of times I shot skeet but with all that said I ended up walking out on to the field for a round of practice before shooting and shot my way to a 20. something told me I needed to lower my poi so I put it as far down as I could and my 5 man squad was off to three races. I ended up running 25 straight 2nd time out on the first round of the hehe contest. finished up with a 49/50 and our squad was in 2nd with a 201 ( no one else ever shot trap or skeet but had been putting as much practice as out unit would let them) the company 2nd day was skeet. like I said I've hardly ever done it and at this point my Soldier had more rounds in a week of shooting skeet then I ever shot at. we were able to pull ahead in skeet to take the overall championship for our Battalion I ended up shooting a 16 and 18 at skeet like I said I just showed up with a bit of practice sure I would have done better. I wanna say thank you to my fellow soldiers our unit and the fort bliss rod and gun club for the support with the contest and it brought back many great memories and feelings I didn't realized I still had

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I was really excited when I was able to get a team together not only was it fun but I feel like I need to get back into it. maybe I'll start with a monthly league or the ATA 50 that they started doing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts