Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let anyone who is on the fence about going to Sparta, do it!(assuming that is where it is next year). Beautiful club, ultra consistent traphouses, good layout and great camping facilities. I am not a trap expert, just an avg shooter who had the opportunity to go to Sparta this year and I would recommend it to anyone. It is definitely a plus to have a camper to stay on site but not a requirement. Shell availability was wonderful, Walmart also had almost any shell you wanted. Also, the scorers I had for my shooting were courteous and did a great job.

Todd Farris

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
Going in 2016 for the first time. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Our first year at the Grand American also - we went on "trapshooting over-load" driving into the place (we were warned about that by folks on here), it is something else. Between the vendors and staff we had a great experience, stayed 2 more days than we had planned and camp host, Mark was great to work with also.

After the first day of shooting we went to the sporting clays range (a great suggestion from some folks on here, also) to clear our heads and had a lot of fun. When we shot poorly, there always seemed someone with a smile who would tell us “we’ll get’em next time”. Overall the Grand American is a must for any trap shooter to make the pilgrimage at least once

1 - 3 of 3 Posts