Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but hope to be around for a while.

For the last few years I've been shooting sporting clays, skeet, trap and have been falling more in love with the sport each day I shoot. For a while I rented guns to shoot. (The range I frequent rents out 686 silver pigeons and A300s. Having just entered the sport I bought a A300 as a clays/all-purpose gun. I've decided that as a present to myself I want to purchase an Over-Under shotgun. I've just recently shot a Citori 625 and absolutely loved the feeling of the gun. Just felt like I couldn't miss with it. Although I also had some success with the silver pigeon.

I'd like your opinions on which firearms should be receiving my attention. I'd most likely be purchasing the gun used, although if I could find the extra cash a new gun would be ideal. I'm looking at ~$1500 budget. Lower would be great and I can go over for the right gun.

I would be using the gun for all disciplines of clay shooting with emphasis placed on trap and SC.

Thanks ahead of time!

-Goose

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
It's a Browning, and it's a great sale price on a new gun. You snooze, you lose. :)

·
Premium Member
3,249 Posts
The local Kansas City Kansas store is out of stock, but you can order the CX online....is the only model on sale the 30" model or can you also order a 32" model? Also, do you know if the CX trigger is the same as the 725 which has been having some problems? Thanks for info and Best Regards, Ed

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,509 Posts
With your specific criteria, I would also suggest Browning. Go to Guns International and scan through the various manufacturer names and see what catches your eye....very informative. You can get a good idea on browning prices, also

·
5,118 Posts
I've been shooting on a Citori platform for years... both 425 and XT... while not familiar with the Crossover... from everyone else's input, sounds like a winner... with all the chokes available, you'll be able to shoot everything you want...

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
WELCOME !!!!!
See if you can find a 32" BERETTA 682 .....a combo with 34" barrel would be
Even better......but you could add the single barrel at a later date.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I've just recently shot a Citori 625 and absolutely loved the feeling of the gun. Just felt like I couldn't miss with it. Although I also had some success with the silver pigeon.
Given the above comment, you should probably then look for a good used 625. It may be a tad beyond your budget, many I see go for closer to ~~ $2000 used. A used Beretta SP base model can usually be found nearer to your $1500 range.

You should also note that those two guns fit and swing about as differently as two off-the-shelf guns can.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@spitter the crossover does indeed seem like the winner to me. I'm gonna try to go shoulder the weapon sometime this week.

@jacksback its been around a year since I've shot a SP so it wouldn't surprise me if my grip, stance, etc has changed over the years.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If anyone has some experience shooting the browning citori cx crossover I'd love to hear your opinions!

·
Premium Member
3,249 Posts
I love mine.32" cx . I`ve had some friends shoot it and we all come to the same conclusion .You can`t beat it that price for a new trap O/U.

Hello. I am seriously considering getting a new CX. Question: Do you or any other posters know for sure if the CX has the proven Citori inertial trigger system or does it have the newer 725 mechanical system? I have heard of problems with the 725 but not with the older proven Citori inertial system (from some vendors at the Grand). A Browning rep said she "thought" the CX had the 725 system. Knowledgeable information appreciated. Regards, Ed

·
Registered
791 Posts
The CX has inertia triggers.
I have owned the 30 and 32 inch. The 30 inch was very balanced. The 30 inch is a little barrel heavy, but I wanted that to slow my swing.
Great guns IMO.
Look around for price.
That Cabelas price is very good. With the rebate, 1400 is a killer price.
Geo.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but hope to be around for a while.

For the last few years I've been shooting sporting clays, skeet, trap and have been falling more in love with the sport each day I shoot. For a while I rented guns to shoot. (The range I frequent rents out 686 silver pigeons and A300s. Having just entered the sport I bought a A300 as a clays/all-purpose gun. I've decided that as a present to myself I want to purchase an Over-Under shotgun. I've just recently shot a Citori 625 and absolutely loved the feeling of the gun. Just felt like I couldn't miss with it. Although I also had some success with the silver pigeon.

I'd like your opinions on which firearms should be receiving my attention. I'd most likely be purchasing the gun used, although if I could find the extra cash a new gun would be ideal. I'm looking at ~$1500 budget. Lower would be great and I can go over for the right gun.

I would be using the gun for all disciplines of clay shooting with emphasis placed on trap and SC.

Thanks ahead of time!

-Goose
If you really liked the 625 (great gun by the way!!!!!), and don't want to spend over $1500, try finding a good used Browning 425 or 525, they are pretty much have the same dimensions, the big difference is the wood and the engraving and can generally be bought for quite a bit less than a 625. Good luck!! I shoot a 625 for SC and absolutely love it!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just pull the trigger and get the CX, its sweet, its cheep and you can shoot it for a while and save some more money to buy the next one.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts