Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is a custom stock that we finished today for a customer. The wood is fiddle-back Bastogne and the photos do not do the wood justice. In the natural sunlight the wood changes grain and color apperance. The wood was provided by Mike Mann and I hope the customer is happy with his new gun. As always thank you for taking a look and Happy New Year to everyone.

Dennis, Cindy & the Crew

dennisdevault_2008_03033.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_03035.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_03036.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_03037.jpg

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Stunning...I am taking a guess; this gun belongs to a So-Cal shooter who purchased the gun about half a year ago?

David
Los Angeles

·
Registered
43 Posts
I saw this gun tonight--------and Dennis is right--------the photos do not give it justice.. It is beautiful and it is in Ohio........Dave Oberst

·
Registered
814 Posts
Beautiful work. Dennis is there a protective piece on the comb wher the shooter would mount his or her face? In the 2nd photo it appers there is a clear protectant of some sort on the comb.
Bob S

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For Bob S,

There is nothing on the comb but the grain and poor lighting for the photo made it appear that way. I think I need a different lighting set up but it is the best I can do for now. Also the stock had just come out of the owners hands when I took the shot and the final buffing was not completed until after the photo was taken.

Dennis DeVault

·
Registered
981 Posts
yep, and yep.

I am very pleased with the wood and workman/ladyship....

I'll try and get some pic's of the gun at Williams Co, near Bryan, Ohio in the morning. We have a Calcutta later today (oh hell its getting late), and post here later.

Thanks Obby for the kind words, hope to see you at the Calcutta in a few hours.

Dennis is correct, the fiddleback in this wood and the colors jump at you when in natural light, every inch you move the gun, the figure of the wood changes, very deep fiddleback and suttle color changes.

I have more ideas for this great work of art from Mr. Cole in-mind, with some luck, and God willing,,,, this time next year you'll see one very nice trap machine!!!

Thank you,

Matt Nicol

·
Supporting Vendor
1,300 Posts
Now that I know who the owner is, I can show the real blank from which this masterpiece sprang.

http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/mikermann1/Bastogne%201/

Link to the gallery in Photobucket of Bastogne #1 in the blank. Two pics below show both sides of the blank when it lived in Oregon.

View attachment IMG_2680.jpg?t=1294553850

View attachment IMG_2674.jpg?t=1294553929

Left side taken dry, right side with 1 coat of Tru-Oil to show colors, stripe, etc.

Beautiful result, Matt.

Mike Mann

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.