Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still fairly new to the game of trap I have been shooting singles and handicap with my F3 unsingle so I went to the range today to practice and I took my Beretta 390 along with me to try doubles. Well I shot 25 pair and it was kind of a rough start but finally on 5 I broke the 5 pairs! So in the winter season I'm gonna look for a set of over unders and go from there......having said that is there any tips or advice to help me out? I'm a left handed shooter and I found that taking the left target first I swing right better then I swing left. Is that a correct way of thinking?

·
Registered
11,132 Posts
While there may be a difference between right handed and left handed shooters, most Doubles are shot by shooting the strait a way target first followed by the angle target second. This changes between station 1 and 2 and 4 and 5. The middle station 3 is mostly shot as a personnel preference as to which target you like to shot first (since both have a slight angle), the left or the right.
You may want to have a deflector added to your Automatic. This "deflector" will allow your ejected hulls to fall only a foot or two away from the gun so as not to hit the shooter next to you. Deflectors can be installed to a left handed or a right handed auto. You can also use a hull catcher for singles and handicap events with no problems if you want to save your empties if you reload, or want to keep your fields clean. Good Luck and break em all. Jeff

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I had that in mind I went out and shot by myself. I plan on gettin a set of over unders for my Blaser. I know the feeling I shot on a league and the guy next to me had a SX3 and he bounced a couple shells of my gun. That makes since on shooting the straightaway first and it showed I didn't fair so well on 1 and 2 compared to 4 and 5
Thanks, Jason

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Used to shoot doubles league...found out other shooters on squad were in a speed marathon. Not fun. Doubles events all seemed the
same...gave up....more fun to shoot at my pace in handicap.

·
Registered
225 Posts
When I end up on squad of young machine gunners. I slow down and take all the time I need, I try not to get caught
Up in there fast timing and concentrate on mine. I try to squad with shooters I know, but that's not always possible.
I shoot doubles for fun. Don't let others ruin that for you, remember, you should be in control of your pre shot routine
And timing. Hope you will try Doubles again Old Goat just for fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts