Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
My daughter and son in law and my three grandchildren moved today. I offered to pay for professional movers but my son in law said he had lots of friends that were willing to help move him.

My wife and I showed up at 8am sharp to help and I was designated to sit in the moving van with the engine running and the heat on. I was told I was needed to sit in there in case someone would steal the moving van (sure).

My wife was designated to be the official door opener.

We just got home and I told my wife that this was the first day I ever felt old. My wife agreed.

Hard to accept when your children no longer need your help. Every time my kids see me, I hear "how are you feeling dad"?

Do your children make you feel like your to old to do any physical type work?
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
The day I felt old was the day my oldest son turned the age that I was when I had my heart attack even though I wasn't that old when it happened.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qNU5t3k7cEA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I know the feeling, my family has decided that I can no longer climb ladders..One of my boys "borrowed" my extension ladder and just can't seem to remember to bring it back. Now, I am forced to remind him when the gutters need cleaning.
I don't like standing on the ground, watching!

Big Jack

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
I can relate Steve, but they should have humored you and let you get in the way. Maybe give unwanted instructions. Ingrates

Bill

·
Sponsors a Reloaders for Youth Program
11,701 Posts
I have two teenagers living at home. I envy your position, but know it will come soon enough. Good luck with the change.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I realized I was getting old when I wear Levi's older than the waitress. Seriously, when I became a 2nd great grand uncle and I told my nephew, their grandfather, that my grand uncles fought in the Civil War and he calmly replied that they could say their great grand uncle fought in Vietnam. Damn, getting old is not for sissies.

Van

·
Registered
456 Posts
Tough crowd. I guess every thread should debate the merits of porting and formulas for yardage reductions. I for one, enjoy a little off topic chatter from time to time, and I don't recall anyone twisting my arm to read or not read a given post here anyway. Come up to WA, and smoke some chillin' tobacco Dusty. Probably will lower your blood pressure.

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
That was not nice! I wonder why Dustoff opens threads like this? We buried a few older gentlemen this year that shot at our club ~ Wish I could play some Bingo with them. Think I'll go to the HOME and visit a few this week.....They'll like hearing any stories ;)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Dustof can do just as hi name implies. That was rude, insensitive and completely out of line. I actually like the stories. Even if I didn't I wouldn't spout off to the man like that. It's easy to be fresh when you're not face to face. Show some respect.

R Talley

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Hey Dustoff---stuff it buddy. One day you'll wake up in the same era that us old guys are in and wonder what happened. That is if your kids don't broom you out to pasture first.

Chuck

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dustoff:
LOL, feel free to read my threads any time. It's ok to tell the truth. This was my 1,016 thread that I've started. Looking back, I probably have had two, possibly three good ones?

My threads are like having gas, it just happens, usually never good. It's easier typing out new threads instead of possibly paying money to talk to a psychiatrist I guess? I should be typing these threads while laying out on a couch.
Take care,
Steve

·
Registered
7,357 Posts
Dustoff you are a flaming rookie on this site. To interject your stupid DA remark shows total lack of respect for the sites senior citizens. Maybe you would like all of us seniors to get lost and go play bingo. We would but many of us enjoy kicking your DA on the trap line to much.

Don

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Senior Smoke, I know exactly how you feel as my son moved this last year and since my back was killing me, I was designated to hold the doors open and nothing else.

You're right, I did feel old. But it also made me realize........that is all I could do on this particular day.

So I guess I am old. (75 at last count)

I was impressed with the friends of my son who showed up to move.

They did the job and did it well.

And Senior Smoke, keep on putting your topics on this message board.

And if people don't like them, they don't have to read them.

Thanks!

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Senior Smoke- Hauxfan, the only problem poster on this site I can see is Dustoff. As far as I'm concerned he can just go ........well dustoff. Most all of the threads that us old guys post are read by other old guys. I like them so I think I'll keep posting and I hope you do too.

Chuck

P.S. Maybe if dustoff gets bashed enough he'll get the picture-----maybe?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I have had several stents put in about 2 years ago. I have been spoken to like a child ever since by my wife and daughter.

Last week we had 14 inches of snow and bitter single digit temperatures. My daughter called to say that she and her husband would be by to shovel me out. I started the shoveling myself and got the driveway and entrance paths done in a few hours. I did it because I had an appointment with my interventional cardiologist later that afternoon, and I didn't want him to tell me not to shovel.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
It happens to us all if we live long enuf'. Mine was the time a few years ago when I went to one of the neighbors ranch to help brand calves in the spring and he handed me the vaccinating gun and asked me to do the blackleg shots.......my first reaction was (what's this? that's an OLD MANs job!) Then I looked around and realized I was the oldest guy on the crew so I said OK and took it. Oh well, I'm probably lucky he didn't tell me to stay outside the corral where I wouldn't get in the way.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
My Grandfather was born in 1855. That's right, seven (7) years before the Civil War. My Mother was born in 1907. Seven years before the 1st World War. And I was born in 1946. Some age difference.....

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Just out of curiosity I checked the comments posted on here by Dustoff. His postings, for the most part, seem consist of either derogatory comments to people or using the forum for his personal "for sale" items.

So . . . . . since I can't resist injecting my two cents - I'll give him the benefit of the doubt by assuming that his parents either didn't have the parenting skills to teach him if unable to say something nice don't say anything at all . . . . or they did instruct him and he didn't have the ability to understand basic civility.

My assumption is that Dustof exhibits typical democrat philosophy. i.e. if you don't like it don't just ignore it, instead try to ban it !

1 - 20 of 50 Posts