Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a nice sunny afternoon and I opened the club today at 1:30. A couple of other board members got the 5 stand opened while I opened the trap and skeet fields. We had serviced the machines yesterday so we were all ready to go today. By the time we got the fields open there was already a pile of shooters ready to shoot the 5 stand. It was nice to see club members and friends after a couple of months of being shut down. Everyone had a big smile on their faces and I never heard a single negative word about anything!!
I missed the first and third target the first round and then the seventh and eighth on the second. The rust was showing. I then moved back to the 24 yard line and dropped two on the first HC round and then another two on the second HC round. I like to think it was because of the wind as the targets were up and down quite a bit.
Did this really matter? I was having fun and will go again on Sunday morning.
It felt so good to be back on the line.
Devonian.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Our local trap club opened last week, all ages showed up. This week, the scholastic program finally started practice. I got to shoot with a former Olympian bunker shooter.
A bit windy but great to be back shooting, 2 clubs holding ATA shoots this weekend nearby, may hit both!

·
Registered
743 Posts
In NY shooting clubs are in "phase 4".. so, for my "region" as defined by Commissar Cuomo, if all goes well we could be reopening around here in another 6 to 8 weeks..

·
Registered
54 Posts
People are starting to shoot again at my club. Hoping within a few months the open shoots and events will resume.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am also in NJ. Looking forward to getting a couple of rounds in under the lights if the rain holds off tomorrow. Still no events and no guest but glad to be able to shoot.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
In NY shooting clubs are in "phase 4".. so, for my "region" as defined by Commissar Cuomo, if all goes well we could be reopening around here in another 6 to 8 weeks..
Bud I hope things open up for you sooner than that. This past fall I/we spent a few days up on Hunter Mountain at very good friends place. They are non shooters but I surely don't hold it against them. I went up there loaded for bear and set out to shoot somewhere while I was there. I wound up shooting at Mid-Hudson Sporting Clays on that Friday and Saturday. Due to severe rain which turned into torrential flooding rains up there for you guys for a couple days. I couldn't shoot trap over at Saugerties Fish and Game on that Sunday. Sort of a bummer. Going to make it a point to get over to there this summer. My dialog with them was great, they were the one who told me about Mid-Hudson. What part of NY are you near? I'm ready to come back up. Good Shooting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts