Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Mr. Kiner will give you a truckload of information. Take notes, if you're not clear on a part of the info, ask Phil to repeat, or explain in more depth. Take small amounts of the clinic and put into your practice.
The bulk of what you'll hear and learn from Phil will serve you in the months and years ahead.

The man is like a well authored patent, it just keeps paying dividends.

Best of luck, enjoy and have fun.

Matt Nicol

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
a few things

-write down all the key points he makes for you, you wont be able to do everything at once but knowing what they are down the line will be helpful
-don't be discouraged if you are advised to try something and you're not shooting 25s, having to make changes all at once is not easy, use what works in the beginning and integrate the advice you are given over time
-don't try and change your shooting when you get there, let them work with what you got and see how it goes
-if you have a trouble target presentation or post make sure you ask about it, it might be a really easy fix after he sees what you are doing

and finally
not everything he will tell you will work 100% in the long run, but you will have to eventually learn this on your own

·
Registered
115 Posts
Some stuff kicks in after a week or two. You will realize it later, rather than that day because you will receive so much info. When I start missing when I shouldn't, I just imagine Nora looking over my shoulder and reminding me what to do.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
I never took a two-day clinic but I've taken Phil's one-day clinic multiple times. You will become somewhat mentally tired if you try to digest everything so I preferred to take it once and again a year later. But after one clinic, I went from three years of a .963x singles average and was mired on the 23 yard-line to breaking my first 200 in singles, was punched to the 27 and won Class AA at my state shoot the following year. I hosted that clinic as well as several others with Phil over the years and always attended them, either as a student or observer, and never failed to learn something. Do ask questions - if you're in doubt about something, others are too.

Ed

·
Registered
Browning Citori XT Trap Golden Clays
22 Posts
Some stuff kicks in after a week or two. You will realize it later, rather than that day because you will receive so much info. When I start missing when I shouldn't, I just imagine Nora looking over my shoulder and reminding me what to do.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Exactly what I do. Always making sure the gun is level. Not by moving my face but by moving the gun. Always hear her voice saying it when I shoulder the shotgun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts