Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a below average round yesterday at the Buckeye in Event #7, but had the privilege of shooting with a sub-junior (did not get his name) who I guessed to be around 9 or 10 years old, and his Dad. The boy had a rough round particularly on the first box and dropped quite a few birds, but he kept chipping away and turned it around and ran the last box for his first ever 25 straight. It was a great moment for him and his Dad as well as the rest of the squad as we were all quietly rooting for him, and told him as much as we congratulated him afterwards. Mom was there and got a photo of him holding the score sheet with the trap in the background. Quite a moment for him and he should also be commended for his attitude and perseverance throughout, even with the missed birds. That's easily the best I have ever felt walking off the line after a poor score. Well done young man - you made YOUR day, and mine as well!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a below average round yesterday at the Buckeye in Event #7, but had the privilege of shooting with a sub-junior (did not get his name) who I guessed to be around 9 or 10 years old, and his Dad. The boy had a rough round particularly on the first box and dropped quite a few birds, but he kept chipping away and turned it around and ran the last box for his first ever 25 straight. It was a great moment for him and his Dad as well as the rest of the squad as we were all quietly rooting for him, and told him as much as we congratulated him afterwards. Mom was there and got a photo of him holding the score sheet with the trap in the background. Quite a moment for him and he should also be commended for his attitude and perseverance throughout, even with the missed birds. That's easily the best I have ever felt walking off the line after a poor score. Well done young man - you made YOUR day, and mine as well!
Moments like that eventually will make a man out of a boy. Knowing how to control and overcome difficulties will help in life in general.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Is it possible you can PM me the squad number for the event so that I can find out who this young shooter is. I’d like to send him something for the milestone.

Appreciatively,

Darryl Hayes
ATA Vice President
Central Zone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts