Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I got mine with my Dad pulling, and I was shooting with a game warden. I was home on leave from Germany. At least 14 years before I started shooting registered targets.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
We had a new shooter at Helena this year shoot a 97 in the singles.
Curious, I looked him up when I got home.
In 2008 he shot his first targets and ran a 98 in the singles.
8 years later he shot his next shoot and ran the singles and shot a 98 in the caps.
This year he only managed a 97.
Those are extra ordinary scores for anyone.
My question is, why would he want three new shooter trophies?

Rick in MT

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Congratulations on the 25, I was in a for fun ,25 skeet, 25 trap. My first experience at competitive shooting, it was only 6 weeks long. So at some point in there.
I am still waiting for the 25 in skeet.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The more you do it, the less you think about it. The less you think about it, the more you do it.
Very wise, Grasshopper. Very wise!

First of all, congrats on your first 25! You will always remember the first. Took me about 4 or 5 months to get my first 25. Then they came frequently...until I bought a new gun! Took me a bit to get it adjusted and used to the feel. Then the 25s came again. Then the virus BS hit, and I didn't shoot for two months. Took a few weeks to get the consistency back. It is all mental. Once you have the fundamentals down, it becomes a mental game.

Good luck, and I wish you continued success.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congratulations! Its a great feeling and after you do something the first time they come easier.

Looks like it took me 3 months for my first 25
3 years and 5 months to my first 50 in doubles
4 years and 3 months to my first 100 straight
5 years and 6 months to get my 27 yard punch (all my punches were 96/97/98s so it was the hard way)

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
Congrat's on your first 25 strait!!! I hope you enjoyed yourself and bought a nice Steak Dinner to treat yourself.

As far as how long it takes. That number is different for everyone. Age, maturity, and hand and eye coordination all play a factor. It can take a few weeks, to over a year. Then, There are shooters out there what will never shoot a 25 strait. break em all jeff

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,805 Posts
How long did it take you from the first time you shot Trap to get 25 straight ? I started shooting in April and got mine last week.
I got my first 25 straight rather quickly. This is my third year of Trap, and my high score is a 98 in Singles, but I’ve yet to have a 50 straight in Singles. I’ve had more 25’s than I can remember.

My first 50 straight came in Handicap at 23 yards.

weird, I know.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got my first in a local league on my second year shooting. First scored shoot of the year and I just barely took a chunk off of it. I actually thought I missed but the scorer and a couple others saw it break off. I think I was 18, shot a lot of 24s since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Took less than 6 months. Shot 25 straight with a Charles Daly o/u. Just practicing. Club member scoring went into Club house and came out congratulating me and handed me a club 25 straight pin. Great day. That was in 1991. Started shooting registered shoots in 1992. Over 70,000 registered targets to-date.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts