first 25 straight | Trap Shooters Forum
  1. Recently members have been receiving an email about confirming their account. Do not click the link. If you have done so and entered your login information, change your password immediately, and ensure the email address on your account is correct. This is a phishing scam designed to take your login information. Details here: https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/confirmation-email-warning.694601/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Members are required to have 50 posts before using the Classifieds Area, or PM system to contact. Any subversion of these rules will result in action taken against your account. The rules are posted here: https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/rules-for-using-the-for-sale-by-members-want-to-buy-want-to-trade-sections.265247/
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

first 25 straight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jdude, Jun 30, 2020.

1. jdude

jdude TS Member

How long did it take you from the first time you shot Trap to get 25 straight ? I started shooting in April and got mine last week.

phatkaw and True-Pair thanked this.
  2. WadHopper

WadHopper What squad am I on?

A couple months. Now when I practice I will not stop until I run at least one box.

3. Harley Lekvold

Harley Lekvold Well-Known Member

I got mine with my Dad pulling, and I was shooting with a game warden. I was home on leave from Germany. At least 14 years before I started shooting registered targets.

4. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

We had a new shooter at Helena this year shoot a 97 in the singles.
    Curious, I looked him up when I got home.
    In 2008 he shot his first targets and ran a 98 in the singles.
    8 years later he shot his next shoot and ran the singles and shot a 98 in the caps.
    This year he only managed a 97.
    Those are extra ordinary scores for anyone.
    My question is, why would he want three new shooter trophies?

Rick in MT

trapshootinkid25 thanked this.
  5. trapshootinkid25

trapshootinkid25 Well-Known Member

A couple months. Like Wad, now I am surprised/won’t stop unless I run a box. The more you do it, the less you think about it. The less you think about it, the more you do it.

ric3677, Phatmann, jdude and 2 others thanked this.
  6. SteveS1965

SteveS1965 Well-Known Member

congrats on your first 25 straight, when i started shooting it took me about 5 months i got my first 25 and 50 the same day

jdude thanked this.
  7. Dustydoo

Dustydoo Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the 25, I was in a for fun ,25 skeet, 25 trap. My first experience at competitive shooting, it was only 6 weeks long. So at some point in there.
    I am still waiting for the 25 in skeet.

jdude thanked this.
  8. machine121

machine121 Well-Known Member

Very wise, Grasshopper. Very wise!

First of all, congrats on your first 25! You will always remember the first. Took me about 4 or 5 months to get my first 25. Then they came frequently...until I bought a new gun! Took me a bit to get it adjusted and used to the feel. Then the 25s came again. Then the virus BS hit, and I didn't shoot for two months. Took a few weeks to get the consistency back. It is all mental. Once you have the fundamentals down, it becomes a mental game.

Good luck, and I wish you continued success.

jdude and trapshootinkid25 thanked this.
  9. hbar314

hbar314 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Its a great feeling and after you do something the first time they come easier.

Looks like it took me 3 months for my first 25
    3 years and 5 months to my first 50 in doubles
    4 years and 3 months to my first 100 straight
    5 years and 6 months to get my 27 yard punch (all my punches were 96/97/98s so it was the hard way)

shawsheen, phatkaw, jdude and 1 other person thanked this.
  10. stcase

stcase TS Member

I also started this spring and got my first 25 straight two weeks ago. Still looking for the straight 50.

jdude thanked this.
  11. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Congrat's on your first 25 strait!!! I hope you enjoyed yourself and bought a nice Steak Dinner to treat yourself.

As far as how long it takes. That number is different for everyone. Age, maturity, and hand and eye coordination all play a factor. It can take a few weeks, to over a year. Then, There are shooters out there what will never shoot a 25 strait. break em all jeff

ric3677 and jdude thanked this.
  12. Jaburg1

Jaburg1 Ya can't miss with a shotgun TS Supporters

I got my first 25 straight rather quickly. This is my third year of Trap, and my high score is a 98 in Singles, but I’ve yet to have a 50 straight in Singles. I’ve had more 25’s than I can remember.

My first 50 straight came in Handicap at 23 yards.

weird, I know.....

phatkaw, trapshootinkid25 and jdude thanked this.
  13. DKG

DKG Member

I got my first in a local league on my second year shooting. First scored shoot of the year and I just barely took a chunk off of it. I actually thought I missed but the scorer and a couple others saw it break off. I think I was 18, shot a lot of 24s since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdude thanked this.
  14. Jdhunter87

Jdhunter87 TS Member

it took me 5 years to run my first 25.. Then the next year at a shoot I ran my first 50 in the middle of 100 targets.

jdude thanked this.
  15. phatkaw

phatkaw Well-Known Member

Took me a couple months or so.
    My first straight was in my first ever ATA handicap event...

Crhoades1, jdude and trapshootinkid25 thanked this.
  16. Houndog

Houndog Active Member

I think about 4 months. It took another 3 months to shoot my second 25. Still waiting for my first 50.

jdude thanked this.
  17. 2Alpha

2Alpha Member

About 3 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. popcorn09

popcorn09 TS Member

Took me a few years for 25 straight in a local league. Everyone on my squad shot my hat.

jdude thanked this.
  19. abby1

abby1 Member

Took less than 6 months. Shot 25 straight with a Charles Daly o/u. Just practicing. Club member scoring went into Club house and came out congratulating me and handed me a club 25 straight pin. Great day. That was in 1991. Started shooting registered shoots in 1992. Over 70,000 registered targets to-date.

jdude thanked this.