Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously thinking of firearms insurance through "Sportsmens Insurance Agency, Inc" (SIAI) located in Florida. Please respond with any experience with these people, good or bad. They sound knowledgeable and experienced. I'm hoping that is the case.

Thanks for your input.

Larry Addison

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Larry..... You have a PM... Dan

·
Registered
14,096 Posts
I'm insured though them. No problems whatsoever. Haven't had to make a claim, but i've heard good stories from those that have.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Check with your agent for your homeowner's policy. Many will add endorsements for firearms. I pay $10 per $1000 value per year to insure my firearms.

·
Registered
763 Posts
An endorsement on my homeowners policy was more expensive than buying a policy through Sportsmens and the SIAI policy provided better coverage. I could not find another company that was less expensive or provided the same coverage. One downside with them though is that you must insure for the full MSRP of the gun, not what you think its worth. I hope never to have to find out how good their claims service is but it gave me some peace of mind to insure a couple of high dollar guns.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Give Ace Insurance in KY a call. Diana Crawford shoots ATA, and is near, if not at, the back fence.

She's a lot easier on the eyes than Hollis. LOL

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I thought it was somewhat of a ripoff since they charge you based on the gun's full retail value when the actual replacement value is substantially less. When the premium is based on say $14,000 and they can replace the gun for $10,000....

Maybe that's being picky but I would have been interested if the coverage were more in line with true replacement cost. How many people do you know that pay the retail price of a Perazzi?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.