Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all I shoot a 391 devault convertion now about one out of 15 shells has flame come out of the shell as the gun opens. I load rem sts dra12 wad cci209m primer 22.4 gr green dot 1/18oz 6 shot.this is for protecter shoots .have shot this for years .thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Might be your primer. If/when I use Noble sport primers in cold weather I get those flamers too. Does it with my 1100, 391 & 300 Outlander sporting. Change over to Winchester 209 & problem solved. I warm weather the Nobles are fine, no flamers. Happens with 700x, Rex2 & Promo loads (Red dot too). Notice no difference in O/U.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Not the spring on mine, the Beretta is brand new, only 1,000 rounds thru her in 4 months. The flamers are quite noticeable some times,some not much. When warm weather is here I get none at all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spring on mine replaced about1200 rounds ago.we shoot under the lights realy shows up then.just picked up 5000win today at fin on sale for 25 and change.just didn't make since don't do it all the time.loading some with win primers tonight. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
I have seen that many times on many different semi autos. Especially loading a slow powder like Green Dot, I would not worry at all about it.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Are you sure you are not loading fuel oil for accelerant?

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I've had it with factory Nitro 27's and my reloads in Remington hulls. The first couple were a bit disconcerting, but they don't harm anything.

·
Registered
574 Posts
All autos will flash with some loads. I have seen an870 flash with some big loads of Long Shot. Must have been pulling back on the slide when he shot.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I shoot an 1100 with a wire shell catcher. The wire holds the fired shell pointed back at me. I routinely get the "fire" even with fast powders like Red Dot and the American Select that I'm presently using. I put in a Wolff action (recoil) spring and no change. Just something I've come to accept.
It's noticeable enough that a couple of the guys at the club took cell phone video to show me. As if I couldn't see it six inches in front of my face. :15a:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I see that at night from some of the game shooters at the club. The one fella told me he uses “Unique” powder. As mentioned above it’s mainly the slow burning powders that do that.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
spring on mine replaced about1200 rounds ago.we shoot under the lights realy shows up then.just picked up 5000win today at fin on sale for 25 and change.just didn't make since don't do it all the time.loading some with win primers tonight. thanks for the help.
Forum messages and responses can almost be unintelligible when written without proper sentence structure, proper spelling, spaces between words or proper words for usage in the sentence.

Just a casual observation.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I have seen that a lot with heavy loads of green dot with the powder still burning you can see it out the barrel and the breech as the gun ejects the shell.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts