Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,286 Posts
Nothing wrong with them, I shot about 5 flats of then a couple years ago but have not been able to find them since

· Registered
320 Posts
Have run thru a few hundred of the fiocchi Olympic 24gram(7/8) loads recently. Both #7-1/2 & 8 shot.
Reguire a lil more choke than I usually shoot on 16yd or 1st bird in doubles but break clays with authority!
Tried them on long yardage but the jury is still out after only 100targets

· Registered
657 Posts
Been a while but wwhen I was in Vegas I decided to try my bunker gun 30" Citori w/ .0013 measured Briley & 24gr 7-1/2 reloads from the 27. Broke something over 20 not having shot a 27 or other handicap target in 10 yrs.. But when finished one of the other shooters said " you break targets well w/ those short barrels". The targets broke as well or better than the two 34?" singles and I assume 1-1/8 on the squad.
So shoot 'em before they get their wings and don't get over choked. As a top choke man told me " the 24 gr is a very efficient load".

· Registered
1,286 Posts
Fiocchi makes 3 levels or versions of shotshells. Which version did you get?
The ones I shot were the shooting dynamics, 28gr ( 1 oz ) 7 1/2 @ 1200 FPS and they broke targets with authority, problem is you only see them every once in a while here in Canada.

Reactions: charleyj10

· Registered
87 Posts
I've had great results with the Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics 12ga 1oz in my Remington 1100s, most of which are ported and don't cycle very well with 1 oz. This Fiocchi is the exception, it works great every time. I think there is something about the wad that seals to the barrel better.

· Registered
2,988 Posts
I've been shooting Fiocchi shells for about three years now...........a mixture of 24gm and 28 gm loads from Italy designated "Official Trap", "FBlack" and "FBlu". So far I've not knowingly had a single bad one..........excellent consistency.

· Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Fiocchis assembled right down the road in Ozark, Missouri. Been buying any shells available for my informal trapshooting due to shell shortage. Recently got two flats of Fiocchis:
1. Dove Load - 1 oz. #7.5s. 1250 fps and
2. Target Max - 1 1/8 oz. #8s. 1165 fps.
Nice, quality shells with 6 point crimp. Clean & break targets well. Recoil impulse seems a bit "heavy". Excellent shell; made close to home.

· Registered
79 Posts
Our club picked up some of the shooting dynamics in 1170/1200 for general use, but also picked up the Lil Rhino in the translucent blue case. A little more spendy for the Rhino shell, but shot well and the Sporting & some Handicap guys had good things to say about it. We shoot Continental (Wobble Trap) and Bunker at another club with several shooters using the Blue Rhino for both venues. Did not hear anyone complaining and the 1250 recoil felt reasonable and comparable to the Winchester/Remington Lite - Handicap (1290fps) ammo.

Little Rino
SKU GAUGE LENGTH TYPE OZ. FPS SIZE
12TX75 12 2 3/4 Lead 1 1,250 7.5

· Registered
5,326 Posts
I'm collecting Fiocchi- 2 x 1170 8s and 2 x 1250 7 1/2s, all 1 oz (28g) tomorrow. $400 AUD (about $300 USD) brought to the club for me.

That's the equivalent of US $75 per. Good price. Good shell.

We don't use them for handicap, I have reserved a bunch of high antimony 1250 and 1290 7 1/2s in other brands for that. Otherwise no complaints with Fiocchi.

· Registered
320 Posts
anyone see RIO's for sale?
I have seen Rios for sale. Having used some of their .410 ammo in past with good success I bought a flat of 24gram olympic training loads @1340f-s to try since are basically a buck cheaper/box in my area. Shot very well with them in handicap event from 23.5 yard last weekend so just picked up another flat last nite to increase my test period

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.